Right back might well need strengthened for our return to the premiership, but we should be ok for the moment. My order of preference for the coming season from the right backs we have and players who can play there would be:

Faure - not a right back, but did well in that position last season and a better option than Foster.

McAusland - again, not a right back (can play almost anywhere), but possibly a better option than Foster.

Foster - a right back, but not a very good one.

We also have promising young full-backs like Ryan Sinnamon who while still young might also be a better option than Foster. Only problem is, I doubt if young Sinnamon can grow a big daft windbreaker of a beard.

Ryan has been playing left back for the reserves! :(

Ryan has been playing left back for the reserves! :(

Aye, I know he's been playing left back, but he's apparently versatile and I'm pretty sure Elfideldo has said a few times that he thinks Sinnamon is better at right back than left back.

Aye, I know he's been playing left back, but he's apparently versatile and I'm pretty sure Elfideldo has said a few times that he thinks Sinnamon is better at right back than left back.

Oh he is a right back mate, yeah, and right footed, i was just saying we have been playing him on the other side.

To be honest,that's what I was thinking.;)2

Bell is much younger and is still to enter his prime. Working with (hopefully) better keeper coaches than he had at Killie will hopefully see him progress too.

Watched a few reserve games last season(Hi-lights Rangers tv)and thought Sinnamon was the most consistant for them.I was very impressed,and if he is a natural right back,even better.

Bell is much younger and is still to enter his prime. Working with (hopefully) better keeper coaches than he had at Killie will hopefully see him progress too.

Too short for me,a total nightmare with high balls into his area.:(

yet the same size as mcgregor and only 2 cm shorter than alexander

Rangers have a history of short goalies,(McCloy the exception) George Niven the first I had the pleasure of watching.

McGregor,as good as a shot-stopper as he is,was a bit of a nightmare himself with high balls into the box.

McGregor,as good as a shot-stopper as he is,was a bit of a nightmare himself with high balls into the box.

He made the odd mistake, but in general he was a lot better with balls into his box and commanding his area + defenders than either Alexander or Bell.

Come to think of it, bringing Allan McGregor back would be an amazing signing because not only would we have the best keeper in the Championship next season, but we'd have the best keeper in Scotland. Not sure how chuffed he'd be about playing behind our current back line though..... :eek: