Didn't say it was NOTHING to do with the management....

Likewise, it isn't EVERYTHING to do with management. Or are you now saying McCoist hits the set pieces himself. At what point are you going to be willing to lay some responsibility for poor play and, specifically, poor set pieces, on poor execution from the players.

It is the use of these superlatives which have people annoyed at you SBS - because they clearly aren't factually correct.

If I am playing for my local team and hit a poor corner I am quite at liberty to blame the management for my poorly executed set piece ? I am hopeful that your clear intelligent self (because you clearly are intelligent) will actually see how unreasonable that is.

The players are signed by Ally, selected by Ally, instructed by Ally, coached by Ally and his gang.

If there is a fundamental flaw with a team for several years quite clearly it is the manager's fault. It is his team and his duty to rectify the issue.

The players are signed by Ally, selected by Ally, instructed by Ally, coached by Ally and his gang.

If there is a fundamental flaw with a team for several years quite clearly it is the manager's fault. It is his team and his duty to rectify the issue.

And none of the above mentions technique, which is what is required to beat the first man at set pieces. I say it again, if a 28 yr old professional footballer cant beat the first man then he needs to look at himself instead of using the comfort blanket of blaming the management.

Likewise, the support also need to realize that it is not EVERYTHING to do with the manager when very, very clearly there also needs to be blame apportioned to the players who cant carry out basic functions.

Come on, most of us on here could beat the first man with a set piece..... so guys getting paid thousands a week to do it for a living day-in, day-out should be able to. but you want to use the security blanket that the management are solely to blame.

There is no logic to SOLELY blaming the management for poor technique from players at set pieces - unless, as I said earlier, management are telling them not to beat the first man.

• 2 months later...
How many on here have seen Telfer play? How many on here go regularly to our youth games? How many on here really know what sort of "talent" Charlie Telfer is?

I do not. What I do note is that more often than not many of our players who are playing for the first squad get dogs abuse by those keyboard warriors. Folk who want to see our youngsters play instead, people they hardly ever see in person. And for some reason people assume that all our youngsters are of the same talented ilk as Macleod or Aird. Not least because even those warriors' grannies are better than those sporting the first team's colours. Aye right.

Some people howl in derision about some of our players' "lack of quality". People likewise howl in derision when one of our youngsters is released or jumps ship. No matter the reason. We've sent dozens of young players - thought to be talented - away over the years and you have to look rather hard to find anyone of those making a real name out of himself. 1 in 20? 2 in 20? Does our keyboard experts know how good Telfer actually is? What sort of smashing player he will become?

I for one wish him all the best and hope he becomes a fine footballer. Right now, his place in the Rangers midfield is barred by Macleod, Law, Black, Aird, McKay and Co.. Why would he stay? Do we actually know whether there are different reasons than playing first team football too? Nope. But let's have a go at the current regime nonetheless. Have a go at their youth strategy, if any. A youth team an strategy that will fail when one or two players leave for pastures new. Well well.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30330356

I seen Telfer enough, doesn't matter how many times, it's enough, to know he is a better footballer than Aird, Law and Black. Hutton and Peralta too. Technically better than all 5. Pleasing on the eye and something fresh and different from the usual cloggers we have to put up with.

I seen Telfer enough, doesn't matter how many times, it's enough, to know he is a better footballer than Aird, Law and Black. Hutton and Peralta too. Technically better than all 5. Pleasing on the eye and something fresh and different from the usual cloggers we have to put up with.

Ditto .