never seen the fuss about mckay to be honest.

Definitely has the skill to play wide left or in the "hole", when he gets his head down and runs at a defence can be pretty much unstoppable. However, questionable attitude by all accounts and like many would perhaps blossom under a better manager.

Definitely has the skill to play wide left or in the "hole", when he gets his head down and runs at a defence can be pretty much unstoppable. However, questionable attitude by all accounts and like many would perhaps blossom under a better manager.

He will dissappear. There's two boys who play 7 aside with me on a Friday who are better and one in the opposite team.

I'm friendly with some Morton people and they weren't taken with McKay at all, some work ethic issues they felt.

Watched Morton/McKay a couple of times this season....never saw any sparkle at all - nothing that excited, which was a big disappointment.

He will dissappear. There's two boys who play 7 aside with me on a Friday who are better and one in the opposite team.

I don't understand why you are so disparaging about one of our most talented youngsters. Do any of those you describe have professional contracts?

Watched Morton/McKay a couple of times this season....never saw any sparkle at all - nothing that excited, which was a big disappointment.

If you had been loaned out from Rangers to Morton and forced to play under Kenny Shiels, would you be excited about playing for them?

Could almost guarantee you that if fit we will start with Foster, McCulloch, Mohsni and Wallace as our back four. (Management justificatiojn - only 18 goals conceced in 36 games). Aird should be our RMF because he makes more chances from there especially if, as I also suspect, Daly will still be up front. (Too much wages to sit on the bench or in the stand.) Law and Black will be in CMF with Shiels/Templeton on the left again if fit, those four challenged by McLeod; or McLeod in LMF and Shiels/Temps behind the striker. Clark to be on the bench and get the odd start.

Sorted, no new players needed apart from a striker perhaps if we could get a swap for Daly! :D

I'm afraid that if this is our squad for next season then we are in for a tough ride with no guarantee of promotion, we need to add more class than we already have.

Personally i would like to see Templeton, Foster, Sheils all moved on and replaced.

If you had been loaned out from Rangers to Morton and forced to play under Kenny Shiels, would you be excited about playing for them?

It was Sheils who developed McKay at Kilmarnock, that was part of the reasoning for him going there. Sheils as a manager is all about getting the ball down and playing passes, his preferred style should suit a player like McKay.

By all accounts, McKay's attitude is the problem but he won't be the first or last player to have such issues. It's up to the manager to either attempt to address or to cut our losses. With an absence of transfer monies and a dearth of creative wide players, I'd be surprised if McKay wasn't retained - if perhaps loaned out again for more game time in the first half of the new season.

All in all, it's very difficult to form an opinion on transfer targets when, quite simply, the budget doesn't appear to be there for new signings. Yes, one or two may come in on freebies but I'm not so sure we could afford the wages required for a Cuellar or Bougherra or that they'd even get a game as long as the manager plans on sticking by his current players. Like BH says, I'd be surprised if the back four in August isn't the same as the back four we had for the bulk of last season.