Fan groups are entitled as anyone to be there and usually they're represented by only one or two people anyway.

That leaves plenty of room for more 'ordinary' fans interested in attending and taking an active part.

The club's complete refusal to accommodate such a meeting is extremely disappointing.

The last few meetings seem to have been exclusively fan groups.

And yes that is a failing on the club's part

Sorry dB, all I'm reading there is excuses.

I'm not suggesting for a second that some sort of open meeting would cure all our ills. That would be foolish.

However, it would go some way to showing some mutual good faith between the club and fans. I'd expect it to be well organised to avoid bad behaviour and I'm confident those invited to attend would ensure it was a constructive exercise which, most importantly, could and should be a regular thing.

As it stands we have nothing. I can't understand why anyone would find that acceptable.

Am I saying that it is acceptable? I rather ask what people actually expect right now. IMHO, nothing the board could do by talking to the "fans" would change a thing. Who would that be anyway? The UoF et al who fires one broadside at the board after another? I see no real will on their part to deal with the board in a sensible manner, yet the board should do all they can to talk with them? And I can just repeat, what else than "trust us folks" could the board offer? E.g. reneg on their statement that Ibrox won't be put up as any sort of security (if they could actually do such a thing)? Perhaps it is also time for people to try to imagine what the board can realistically do, rather than should do.

Anyway, AFAIK Wallace will go to the US of A for the NARSA convention and people will be able to talk to him over there.

Considering their form towards the end of the season sacking Locke seemed harsh, I think without the points deduction they'd actually have survived?

Yeah they would have. That says more about the rest than Hearts!

Am I saying that it is acceptable? I rather ask what people actually expect right now. IMHO, nothing the board could do by talking to the "fans" would change a thing. Who would that be anyway? The UoF et al who fires one broadside at the board after another? I see no real will on their part to deal with the board in a sensible manner, yet the board should do all they can to talk with them? And I can just repeat, what else than "trust us folks" could the board offer? E.g. reneg on their statement that Ibrox won't be put up as any sort of security (if they could actually do such a thing)? Perhaps it is also time for people to try to imagine what the board can realistically do, rather than should do.

Anyway, AFAIK Wallace will go to the US of A for the NARSA convention and people will be able to talk to him over there.

More excuses suggests you do find it acceptable.

Formal, minuted meetings can help deliver better communication and offers accountability as well as fostering goodwill and improving relationships. Not providing this does the opposite. It's as simple as that.

Fan/club meetings may not cure cancer or achieve world peace but I'd suggest that if we'd had say two or three since the AGM then club/fan relations would be in a far better (or at least informed) state.

As for him attending NARSA, while I do hope he speaks openly to their representatives, it's not the same as addressing the RFC family as a whole in a formal environment. Not even close.

As I understand it, if you are a season ticket holder, you belong to the Rangers Supporters Assembly and this is one of the fan groups that the club engages with - the club's very own directly funded body.

If you don't feel that it represents you, take the matter up with the Aseembly itself - or the club.

Fan groups are entitled as anyone to be there and usually they're represented by only one or two people anyway.

That leaves plenty of room for more 'ordinary' fans interested in attending and taking an active part.

The club's complete refusal to accommodate such a meeting is extremely disappointing.

Fan groups are run by ordinary fans mate. Difference is some people go beyond their posting on the internet or talking about it with mates down the pub and try and do something. Doesn't make them any less ordinary.

The ordinary fans people allude to (ST holders etc) are often the same apathetic ones many moan about. Fan groups, in my experience, organise and collate good questions rather than kiss arse or ask unimportant stuff like TBB.

Fan groups tend to get favoured for a few reasons:

*They (RST for example) speak for between 2500-3000 fans. ordinary fan speaks one person, them.

*Questions are usually organised and minutes professionally minuted with enough people their to secure accuracy

*Fan groups, RST for example, have a bigger audience than any website, group or ordinary fan will ever have. Therefore using a few select channels streamlines the message

*Fan groups have a diverse membership and therefore have a better range of questioning.

Groups are not perfect but it is easier to have reps present at fan forums where the message is spread further. In the club's case though, as things stand, they'd prefer a few fans with limited ability to spread important messages.

Fan groups are run by ordinary fans mate. Difference is some people go beyond their posting on the internet or talking about it with mates down the pub and try and do something. Doesn't make them any less ordinary.

The ordinary fans people allude to (ST holders etc) are often the same apathetic ones many moan about. Fan groups, in my experience, organise and collate good questions rather than kiss arse or ask unimportant stuff like TBB.

I appreciate that and wasn't suggesting otherwise - apoligies if it came across that way.

What I meant by 'ordinary' (and why I stuck it in inverted commas) was fans that have no affiliation to groups and perhaps not a usual every-day interest in such matters.

I completely agree that the attempt to exclude fan group members from any meeting just because their questions so far have been difficult is daft.