It's been rumoured for a while that he was being lined up to head up the board or committee for this new membership scheme, but it's unclear whether there's any truth in that or not.

Yes, I think this was touched on before.

I already asked if Richard Gough was being paid for his role in Dave King's new company, so I see nothing wrong with wondering about Mark Hateley's situation.

When people try to influence thousands of people, I believe it is important to know if money is influencing them.

I already asked if Richard Gough was being paid for his role in Dave King's new company, so I see nothing wrong with wondering about Mark Hateley's situation.

When people try to influence thousands of people, I believe it is important to know if money is influencing them.

End of the day nobody should be swung by Gough or Hateley, brilliant players but like most footballers not very bright.

I suspect gough is every bit as bright as you if not more so.

What an arrogant thing to say.

This what I am saying in the other thread,what a disrespectful,disgusting thing to say about anyone

A real diehard Rangers man by the name of John Brown has also spoken today.

He won't have done it for money but out of love of the club.

He also had Green's number from day one.

End of the day nobody should be swung by Gough or Hateley, brilliant players but like most footballers not very bright.

I really can't grasp why people put ex-players on lofty pedestals, but it seems that they do, and when they speak, people listen.

People want Walter Smith to speak out because they know that he will influence those who either can't or won't think for themselves. I couldn't care less what Smith thinks, but I'm maybe the exception.

The idea that intelligent, independently-minded people need people less capable than them to tell them what to think is utterly bizarre - but it happens.

I really can't grasp why people put ex-players on lofty pedestals, but it seems that they do, and when they speak, people listen.

People want Walter Smith to speak out because they know that he will influence those who either can't or won't think for themselves. I couldn't care less what Smith thinks, but I'm maybe the exception.

The idea that intelligent, independently-minded people need people less capable than them to tell them what to think is utterly bizarre - but it happens.

It's pathetic stuff to be honest and that goes for both 'sides'. Like political parties trying to wheel out celebrity backers.

We're putting ourselves in an awkward position if we start insinuating or inferring that guys like Gough & Hateley are being bought. It's not as if they'll do an impression of an upstanding transport tycoon and get lawyers onto us, but it's still not comfortable. If there's any sort of solid proof that anyone is being bought, then fine, but if not, then we'd be wise to leave accusations and insinuations out of the discussions.