I'm not insulating anything.

I want to know if those who are trying to influence us are being paid. I have no idea whether they are or whether they are not.

If this debate is to have integrity, and integrity is a factor in what is going on at our club, we should know if we are hearing genuine opinions from the heart or opinions which are conveniently consistent with the views of those who are paying for them.

I'm asking both sides to be clear on this. If people are being paid - or if they have been promised a reward for having a particular opinion - fans should know about it.

Aren't we sick and tired of hearing well-heeled types telling us what is good for us - when it turns out that it is often good for them too - financially-speaking?

Absolutely and I agree with your basic principles, as I'm sure most fans probably do, but what I'm saying is that we need to be very careful not to be inadvertently spreading false rumours about the ex-Gers players speaking out.

Continually asking the same questions here when you know that definitive answers are unlikely to follow is more likely to spread false rumours than anything else.

Absolutely and I agree with your basic principles, as I'm sure most fans probably do, but what I'm saying is that we need to be very careful not to be inadvertently spreading false rumours about the ex-Gers players speaking out.

Continually asking the same questions here when you know that definitive answers are unlikely to follow is more likely to spread false rumours than anything else.

Requesting information about whether people are being paid to hold a particular opinion should not be off the agenda.

When Ally gives his opinion, whether we agree with it or not, we at least know that he is doing it as a Rangers employee.

In some other cases, though, we are not so sure. I think it is reasonable to ask if Mark Hateley is a current or recent Rangers employee - because he has entered a contentious public debate.

I also think that it's reasonable to ask if Richard Gough is carrying out his role with Dave King in a professional capacity - in other words - for remuneration or maybe future reward.

I'm not siding with one side or the other in this regard. I want to know when opinions are deeply-held and genuine and when they are influenced by vested interests - if indeed they are influenced by vested interests.

Hateley is an employee of the club - possibly not on a full-time/formal basis but is certainly used regularly for media/PR work and also works the suites on a match-day.

Like everyone else he's entitled to his opinion and I don't think it's entirely accurate to say a few extra pounds for a website interview would change his thoughts on issues.

i really think it was more about getting his mate cash to spend on players.

i differ in my view about how that's best achieved but its a noble enough goal.

we need lots of new players in the next 12 months about a dozen top class ones. preferably quite a few of them this summer with more in jan.

i would also replace ally before we get them.

Hateley is an employee of the club - possibly not on a full-time/formal basis but is certainly used regularly for media/PR work and also works the suites on a match-day.

Like everyone else he's entitled to his opinion and I don't think it's entirely accurate to say a few extra pounds for a website interview would change his thoughts on issues.

Whilst everyone is entitled to their view what we appear to have here is a 'conflict of interest' of sorts.

I watch the interview and see Mark desperately try and include 'the need for immediate ST money' an uncomfortable and unnatural amount of times,...much more than would be the case in an interview that hadn't been staged for that reason.