Whilst everyone is entitled to their view what we appear to have here is a 'conflict of interest' of sorts.

I watch the interview and see Mark desperately try and include 'the need for immediate ST money' an uncomfortable and unnatural amount of times,...much more than would be the case in an interview that hadn't been staged for that reason.

Buster, you don't have to tell me that the interview is staged. Fair enough, of course the club should be trying to sell season tickets - via bland interviews or not.

I just don't think people like Hateley would go against their own principles for the sake of £50 or some free hospitality. Sure, we can ask if there is a conflict of interests but I don't think it's all that relevant - not when the actual interview is so poor anyway.

Hateley HAS been promised the gig with the membership scheme, and this will be his masters bidding to try to push ST sales.

In itself nothing wrong with that, and it is better coming from him than from Wallace, Somers, Easdale etc who have just about zero credibility with the silent majority.

Buster, you don't have to tell me that the interview is staged. Fair enough, of course the club should be trying to sell season tickets - via bland interviews or not.

I just don't think people like Hateley would go against their own principles for the sake of £50 or some free hospitality. Sure, we can ask if there is a conflict of interests but I don't think it's all that relevant - not when the actual interview is so poor anyway.

Rather than being for 50 pounds or whatever, I took it as someone who is employed/retained simply towing the partyline. Nothing unusual in that, only I'd note that no ex-players seem to be coming forward for the club voluntarily and the extent to which our friend Bill is pushing it on his blog.

ps. I'm not undercover, I looked for my customery username on here but it was taken. :coolio:

Am I that easy too spot ? :laugh:

Hateley HAS been promised the gig with the membership scheme, and this will be his masters bidding to try to push ST sales.

In itself nothing wrong with that, and it is better coming from him than from Wallace, Somers, Easdale etc who have just about zero credibility with the silent majority.

If true, that would explain the way Bill McMurdo Jnr. was pushing Hately yesterday.

It would also say something about the proposed 'membership scheme'.

Rather than being for 50 pounds or whatever, I took it as someone who is employed/retained simply towing the partyline. Nothing unusual in that, only I'd note that no ex-players seem to be coming forward for the club voluntarily and the extent to which our friend Bill is pushing it on his blog.

ps. I'm not undercover, I looked for my customery username on here but it was taken. :coolio:

Am I that easy too spot ? :laugh:

It's not too difficult to guess who folk are on different forums based on their posting style - though I can find it hard to keep up when people use so many different handles.. :D

It does say a lot that the club is struggling for support - be it from ex-players or anyone else. I'd say that's because most will just be like us - uncertain - rather than being anti-regime per se.

It's not too difficult to guess who folk are on different forums based on their posting style - though I can find it hard to keep up when people use so many different handles.. :D

It does say a lot that the club is struggling for support - be it from ex-players or anyone else. I'd say that's because most will just be like us - uncertain - rather than being anti-regime per se.

Over the years, the use of players for PR is a subject in itself, however I do think that there are players who will lend their voice or simply shout themselves because of love for the club and/or knowledge of 'X' whilst there are others who may do it for other reasons.