Do you know that number for a fact? Not saying it is necessarily wrong just asking?

I am used to being in a minority, that doesn't mean that the minority are wrong.

Ultimately I think we'll sell 20,000+ ST's but if another 10,000 - 20,000 buy game to game, it won't necessitate change; as I said it will just make the job that much harder.

I also stand by what I said before, IF we get promoted, we'll sell all the ST's we can print as it will be the only way to see the return of the old firm games apart from anything else.

No but RST insist 5000 is correct - as does Tannochside Bear so I think the sources seem credible enough.

I'm not saying the minority are wrong but if 20,000 fans don't renew their season tickets that's quite a number of supporters showing a direct lack of faith in the club. Again, surely that should indicate change is necessary rather than saying let's just wait until next year?

If season ticket sales drop from 36,000 to anything below 25,000 then that's a genuine concern for us all. Sure, initial attendances may stay reasonably high because of more walk-ups but that will undoubtedly drop as the clocks go back.

All this just means our chances of being promoted are lessened (IMO). What happens then?

Even from what i'd all reliable sources he season ticket numbers are varying, but no doubt they'll be down from the 36000 number

I've spoken to three people I trust - one of whom I'd think would have access to the info.

None have been above 5000.

I've spoken to three people I trust - one of whom I'd think would have access to the info.

None have been above 5000.

I'm very concerned with that considering we're in the last week, yet I doubt that many of the 36000 have signed up to King's scheme either or they at the very least would be leaking their success

I'm very concerned with that considering we're in the last week, yet I doubt that many of the 36000 have signed up to King's scheme either or they at the very least would be leaking their success

You'll be lucky if there's a four figure number that have done that IMO.

However, I'm more concerned about what the club intend doing about the shortfall. Even if we guestimate that another 10-15K renew before August that's a huge decrease in numbers which goes completely against assurances given to our auditors.

The club seem curiously blasé to all this.

No but RST insist 5000 is correct - as does Tannochside Bear so I think the sources seem credible enough.

I'm not saying the minority are wrong but if 20,000 fans don't renew their season tickets that's quite a number of supporters showing a direct lack of faith in the club. Again, surely that should indicate change is necessary rather than saying let's just wait until next year?

If season ticket sales drop from 36,000 to anything below 25,000 then that's a genuine concern for us all. Sure, initial attendances may stay reasonably high because of more walk-ups but that will undoubtedly drop as the clocks go back.

All this just means our chances of being promoted are lessened (IMO). What happens then?

A very good question - a new manager perhaps and a surge in sales?

But generally it seems we do agree that our chances of having a successful season will be due in no small measure to the number of ST's renewed. Not a direct correlation, there are loads of other factors obviously but is a major consideration and that in my opinion is something that those who are still considering their positions should reflect on.

I predict a busy couple of days at the TO and I also predict an extension (the 18th has already been mentioned I think) perhaps to the end of the month "due to demand" (you might say lack of demand). This would also tie in with the next instalments being due end June, July and August.

A very good question - a new manager perhaps and a surge in sales?

But generally it seems we do agree that our chances of having a successful season will be due in no small measure to the number of ST's renewed. Not a direct correlation, there are loads of other factors obviously but is a major consideration and that in my opinion is something that those who are still considering their positions should reflect on.

I predict a busy couple of days at the TO and I also predict an extension (the 18th has already been mentioned I think) perhaps to the end of the month "due to demand" (you might say lack of demand). This would also tie in with the next instalments being due end June, July and August.

A new manager may help but it may also hinder as fans see another arguably trustworthy man moved on.

Another extension may happen but if it does then that will decrease the share price quicker than any Easdale/King interview.

A new manager may help but it may also hinder as fans see another arguably trustworthy man moved on.

Another extension may happen but if it does then that will decrease the share price quicker than any Easdale/King interview.

An extension would be positive from a sales perspective but I suspect they won't publish the number for just that reason.

I'm surprised the club simply haven't promoted the importance of the season more if anything.

One year away from the top flight, playing largely full time teams so in theory should be more competitive, playing familiar faces in Hearts and very possibly Hibs.

Taking all the factors aside this season should be more attractive than the last two

I'm surprised the club simply haven't promoted the importance of the season more if anything.

One year away from the top flight, playing largely full time teams so in theory should be more competitive, playing familiar faces in Hearts and very possibly Hibs.

Taking all the factors aside this season should be more attractive than the last two

It's such an obvious marketing opportunity as well; perhaps we should invest in a marketing professional rather than another accountant or PR man.

Why would anyone in their right mind want anything to do with this Rangers ? The only reason I can see is to make money, it wouldn't surprise me to see King eventually say, not worth the hassle.

Even if you were reasonably wealthy and a Rangers Supporter, would you want to put your family through the worry and threats, and that would just be from our own Support. We are in a horrible place right now, with no clear exit.

This is a very valid point. If I was in a position to buy Rangers I wouldn't do it unless I already had a plan worked out with the RST and other interested parties to take the club off me for the price I paid for it.

I have zero interest in owning Rangers as an individual, but I long for the day when I can own it jointly along with tens of thousands of other like-minded individuals.

If King was to do this, and maybe he's thinking about it, I could see it being a successful move. Unfortunately, it seems as though King is playing his own game, so as fans we have effectively stalled as a force for change - other than not to renew of course, and no-one knows what change this will actually bring.

If I was speaking to a man prepared to invest up to £50m in Rangers, I would want him to approach the current owners in an attempt to do a deal to buy the company and control the club. Obviously he would want to get the best deal possible, and while I don't want to dwell on figures at the moment, I accept that he might have to pay a little over the odds to get what he wants.

If he succeeded, he could transfer it to the support over a period of time and I'm sure that an organised support would be happy to accommodate him. The fundamentalist element would complain as per usual, but the main body of the kirk, I believe, would be up for it.

King was always against fan ownership but he appears to have shifted away from the SDM-type effective sole owner model. If he has moved far enough away to embrace fan ownership, he could play an important role is resolving our present difficulties. If he hasn't, though, buying Rangers will only paper over the cracks until the next ownership crisis.

King has the means to create a Rangers revolution, just as Budge did at Hearts. He needs to be persuaded though that fan ownership is the future and fan groups who have his ear should be doing just that.

He, or someone with similar means, could accelerate the fan ownership process if they feel sufficiently inclined to do so. It makes perfect sense for fan groups to be making this point to him - or anyone else who has the means to make it happen.