Do you know that number for a fact? Not saying it is necessarily wrong just asking?

I am used to being in a minority, that doesn't mean that the minority are wrong.

Ultimately I think we'll sell 20,000+ ST's but if another 10,000 - 20,000 buy game to game, it won't necessitate change; as I said it will just make the job that much harder.

I also stand by what I said before, IF we get promoted, we'll sell all the ST's we can print as it will be the only way to see the return of the old firm games apart from anything else.

I was told 3,500 late on friday and 5,000 on monday and I would put my mortgage on the source being 100% correct. I doubt very much we will sell anywhere near 20,000 but time will tell.

My biggest worry is those who do not renew using the game by game principle. I doubt it will last more than a month, the matchday / RFC income will therefore drop considerably and the ST culture may well be gone.

I think promotion this year is absolutely essential to prevent long term damage and I agree that only top division status can possibly counteract the possible major negatives.

We are a category A rsc and, afaik, we have 2 seats signed up to 1972 Ltd. But I think we have zero renewals so far.

I was told 3,500 late on friday and 5,000 on monday and I would put my mortgage on the source being 100% correct. I doubt very much we will sell anywhere near 20,000 but time will tell.

My biggest worry is those who do not renew using the game by game principle. I doubt it will last more than a month, the matchday / RFC income will therefore drop considerably and the ST culture may well be gone.

I think promotion this year is absolutely essential to prevent long term damage and I agree that only top division status can possibly counteract the possible major negatives.

We are a category A rsc and, afaik, we have 2 seats signed up to 1972 Ltd. But I think we have zero renewals so far.

You only have to look at our falling attendances this year to show game by game is unsustainable

What I would say is that if only say 15000 fans renew that is a clear no vote of confidence in the current board and ownership.

not 100% true though....

If only 15,000 renew it is definitely a vote of no confidence, but to simply say it is in the board or ownership is pushing it IMHO. There will probably be a very large number who simply find the "entertainment" in front of them boring & deem not worthy of their ST money.

Agreed. There were many games last season that I went to because I had my season ticket. I would not have gone if I had to pay at the gate.

You only have to look at our falling attendances this year to show game by game is unsustainable

Yes, that is why I posted. Given that we had as high as 18k ST holders not at games and virtually every game had at least 10k missing, it emphasises the ST culture. Our rsc has 6 guys in prime seats who were not at any game all season and another dozen who never passed a handful, for sure. Next season they will not be at any games, never mind pay fortnightly. Common sense will prevail, they are business guys who love Rangers but can read a balance sheet and identify with greed and deception.

Every rsc has guys like this and it is the main reason that I think ST sales will be a disaster. Imo, the board have taken the loyalty of the support for granted and it will now not only bite their arses, it will bite their legs off.

Because they refused to see common sense, refused to see the effects that the cash burn, lies and outright greed were having and expected a ST increase even.

Delusions of grandeur, visions of splendour, the manic depressive he walks in the rain. We have a board of Cinderella men.

Pity they never read the full lyric :rolleyes:

I skipped the last 3 Ibrox league games because I simply could not be arsed making the long trek to watch McCoist's shit.

a few of my mates didn't go for the last 2 months of the season because of it.

Agreed. There were many games last season that I went to because I had my season ticket. I would not have gone if I had to pay at the gate.

Once you are having to watch Arbroath for the second time that is undoubtedly true; but if we are in a race with Hearts and possibly Hibs then there will be a greater incentive one hopes.