It matters that the club is in the hands of people who properly care for it.

All of our problems are because the club is owned by inadequate or inappropriate ownership. The only way to change that is for the support to take responsibility for club ownership itself.

There are risks buying shares, of course, but there really is no alternative. Somehow, the Rangers support must take its club back from the hedge funds and institutional monstrosities that care for Rangers about as much as you care for Ally McCoist's managerial methods.

I understand that mate but my question is what if we go into administration before fans have buy enough shares to control or have a big enough influence to make a difference? What happens if we go into administration next week? Do the fans who are buying into these schemes right now and those who already have done lose all their money?

Another question. What happens if fan did take control? How do we challenge Celtic? We can't get near them as a business, we can't get near them financially, how do we go about becoming top dog again if it's just fans who own?

I understand that mate but my question is what if we go into administration before fans have buy enough shares to control or have a big enough influence to make a difference? What happens if we go into administration next week? Do the fans who are buying into these schemes right now and those who already have done lose all their money?

Another question. What happens if fan did take control? How do we challenge Celtic? We can't get near them as a business, we can't get near them financially, how do we go about becoming top dog again if it's just fans who own?

50 thousand owners may have more money to put in than 1.

The money raised, I imagine, will be spent on shares as and when it is deemed safe and prudent to do so, but there is always risk. Nothing can guarantee viability and never-ending success. Life isn't like that.

We don't have fan ownership now and we can't compete with Celtic. Are you suggesting that we sit it out until a billionaire takes a fancy to Rangers? We could grow old and weary doing that, and maybe witness the club disappearing altogether.

Barcelona, Real Madrid and most top German clubs are fan-owned. They seem to do alright.

The money raised, I imagine, will be spent on shares as and when it is deemed safe and prudent to do so, but there is always risk. Nothing can guarantee viability and never-ending success. Life isn't like that.

We don't have fan ownership now and we can't compete with Celtic. Are you suggesting that we sit it out until a billionaire takes a fancy to Rangers? We could grow old and weary doing that, and maybe witness the club disappearing altogether.

Barcelona, Real Madrid and most top German clubs are fan-owned. They seem to do alright.

3 clubs who rely on world class marketing and TV deals. We will never have either of those things to help us out.

We were competing fine with Celtic before Murray sold up. He wasnt a billionaire. Neither were any of our previous owners during the period we became not only Scotland's premier club but the worlds may successful club.

I don't think anyone could ever convince me fan ownership is the way ahead for us. I just don't trust our support.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 clubs who rely on world class marketing and TV deals. We will never have either of those things to help us out.

We were competing fine with Celtic before Murray sold up. He wasnt a billionaire. Neither were any of our previous owners during the period we became not only Scotland's premier club but the worlds may successful club.

I don't think anyone could ever convince me fan ownership is the way ahead for us. I just don't trust our support.

Think about it.

You don't trust your fellow supporters, so instead you support a system where the club can be taken over by the likes of Craig Whyte, Charles Green and a variety of hedge funds and goodness knows who or what else.

This is an extraordinary madness. This is Rangers fans playing Russian Roulette with their much-loved club.

I am sometimes disappointed with the way the support conducts itself, but I still have a great deal of faith in it.

The potential for Rangers as a fan-owned club has no limit. The potential for us as a club owned by bad, defective, misguided and greedy ownership is not only limited, it could turn out to be disastrous and terminal.

Think about it.

You don't trust your fellow supporters, so instead you support a system where the club can be taken over by the likes of Craig Whyte, Charles Green and a variety of hedge funds and goodness knows who or what else.

This is an extraordinary madness. This is Rangers fans playing Russian Roulette with their much-loved club.

I am sometimes disappointed with the way the support conducts itself, but I still have a great deal of faith in it.

The potential for Rangers as a fan-owned club has no limit. The potential for us as a club owned by bad, defective, misguided and greedy ownership is not only limited, it could turn out to be disastrous and terminal.

I don't support the system mate, absolutely not. I consider myself lost, confused and scunnered. I don't know where I am at with it all, I just want our club back.

I don't support the system mate, absolutely not. I consider myself lost, confused and scunnered. I don't know where I am at with it all, I just want our club back.

You are not alone. Many fans are sick of this whole saga. The only long-term solution though is for the support to own the club.

You probably think this rules out a rich man pumping money in, but it doesn't. Presidential candidates might promise to bring money to the table if they are elected. No-one is stopping them, but when they are presidents and do a bad job, we can get rid of them. When we have owners who do a bad job, we can be stuck with them indefinitely.

What's with the Nike thing?

Can anyone actually answer this question? It would be a bit misleading if it didn't actually have Nike's tick on it as shown. Why would Nike have any involvement? I think it is a belter. I don't wear football tops but I would certainly stick this on for old codgers 5-a-sides.