Almost all such contracts would have break clauses though GS. Anyone who undertook one which didn't would be absolutely stupid. I think Andy makes very valid points about MP and I'm glad I'm not alone in questioning whether we get real value from it

Lol you think laxley will give us a get out.

We will be nailed to the wall on whatever deal gets done here.

I wonder if, when the sale of MP actually happens, we could in the future merely forego the rent and lost the facility. It seems at first glance that the rent money could be better employed elsewhere - even if it means renting the astroturf in Edmiston Drive - and it would get the 'millstone round the neck' to fuck.

I don't have any great attachment to MP and would rather see it bagged than a drain on the resources.

and by doig so - i.e. surrendering Auchenhowie - you consign yourself to mediocrity, to being happy to be a club that floats somewhere between Hearts and Celtic in terms of ambition and size.

Let me remind casual viewers that we should not be competing with Celtic. Celtic should be competing with us.

Murray park has been pretty much a failure to date, on that we can all agree, but that's not the fault of the instituition or the facilities, it's the fault of the philosophy and the people who run it. Children, teenagers and youths are treated as "footballing prospects" first and foremost and as developing people second. The pastoral and educational requirements that must be foremost in any education of young people seem to be ignored at Rangers. If you go back to the 'Blue Heaven' programme of 2010 (or therabouts) I'll bet you whatever you want to wager than not a thing has changed - and if you watch the programme, you'll see where the problem lies.

Easy, tiger - I wasn't suggesting we abandon youth development and facilities for ever, just that removing an onerous contract and starting again from scratch might be a way out. As GS says, however, chances of Laxey and their chums allowing us to do that short of some more admin related adventures are slim.

Blue Heaven went out in 2003, don't that make you feel old!

With every passing day I become less and less confident about our future. I read an article yesterday about Portsmouth, how hard and how often they had to fall before they rid themselves of the people ruining them is a sobering tale.

Anyone who has made even a basic study of football in the UK since the turn of the century can only see one conclusion for us. We're owned by hedge funds people, wake up. We are in grave danger of becoming a footnote in history, seriously, I'm of the opinion now there is no way back for us, we'll limp along for a while yet but that's only going to increase the pain and prolong the agony. Death, I'm afraid, is inevitable now.

I can't believe what i am reading here what is Murray parks current valuation it will be more than the £14 million the club paid to build it and some people want to sell it of to a bunch of criminals at a whimper because in their view we haven't and aren't getting value for money.

This is asset stripping at its best and the people involved aren't even hiding it they are doing it infront of our faces and yet some supporters are willing to let it go without a fight RANGERRAB "CAPS" YOU ARE THE PROBLEM WITHIN THE SUPPORT YOU ARE A COWARD AND HAVE SURRENDERED TO MEDIOCRITY. Not 1 penny of this sale will go into the football side of the club so what purpose is there in selling it as after all we are a football club.

I can't believe what i am reading here what is Murray parks current valuation it will be more than the £14 million the club paid to build it and some people want to sell it of to a bunch of criminals at a whimper because in their view we haven't and aren't getting value for money.

This is asset stripping at its best and the people involved aren't even hiding it they are doing it infront of our faces and yet some supporters are willing to let it go without a fight RANGERRAB "CAPS" YOU ARE THE PROBLEM WITHIN THE SUPPORT YOU ARE A COWARD AND HAVE SURRENDERED TO MEDIOCRITY. Not 1 penny of this sale will go into the football side of the club so what purpose is there in selling it as after all we are a football club.

how am I a coward ? how have I surrendered to mediocrity?

The fact is for too long now we've tolerated mediocrity on the playing side whilst paying out vast salaries to under-achievers. FFS McCoist earning £800K in SFL3 whilst the team was torture to watch. £400K in LGE1 wasn't much better either.Not to mention his gallant failures against Malmo & Maribor which should have got him sacked.

The fact is Rangers are a business & business decisions need to be taken. Under-performing parts of a business need to be dealt with. Get over it. A review of MP would be long overdue IMO. Clear out the youth teams & youth coaches producing nothing

how am I a coward ? how have I surrendered to mediocrity?

The fact is for too long now we've tolerated mediocrity on the playing side whilst paying out vast salaries to under-achievers. FFS McCoist earning £800K in SFL3 whilst the team was torture to watch. £400K in LGE1 wasn't much better either.Not to mention his gallant failures against Malmo & Maribor which should have got him sacked.

The fact is Rangers are a business & business decisions need to be taken. Under-performing parts of a business need to be dealt with. Get over it. A review of MP would be long overdue IMO. Clear out the youth teams & youth coaches producing nothing

You touch on an interesting issue that points to a club being an Omnishambles at all levels.

IMO it's not a matter of either football operation or executive control not being fit for purpose, it is both.

They are both gravytrains in their own right, hence the term I sometimes use, 'multi-layered gravtrain'.

However, even looking at it simply............ the buck of responsibility rests at the top of the foodchain and that is the boardroom.

If you look in more detail you realise that both layers feed of each other and that the board prioritise their own interests rather than that of the football club.

Forget terms like 'youth academy'. Rangers is effectively based in Milngavie these days. Ibrox is a matchday venue with a ticket office outside and little else.

The idea that the sale of Auchenhowie will benefit the club is far-fetched. Various people will profit handsomely from a sale, but the benefit to Rangers will be out of all proportion to the gain made by a relative few.

The f word - flexibility - has been used and it should be a wake-up call to everyone, but of course it won't be. When Rangers has nothing left but its history, this regime will still escape censure by those whose unquestioning loyalty to it kept it ticking over.

If anyone still thinks the club's assets are safe under this regime, they really need to think again, and that's the polite way of putting it.

For people to trust these guys after everything we have and are still going through just seems to me to be absolutely absurd.

I remember being banned from FF for questioning Whyte, then banned again for saying that marching on Hampden was futile whilst Duff & Phelps sat at Ibrox, strangling the club from the inside for 6 months whilst they profited from our situation.

• Duff and Phelps were appointed by Whyte.
  • Whyte directed them to Green
  • Green raped the club whilst offering other the same opportunities afforded to himself as long as the weighed him in.
  • These same faceless guys are still in the shadows
  • The only way to flush them out is to starve them of the revenue that they desire and said revenue is the ONLY reason they are there.

Sadly though, like amms, I do fear the worse, I can see no happy ending and think whatever the conclusion, it will be another kick in the balls to the fans.