Any sale of assets is for a short term gain. Once they are sold, we can't sell them again. The cash from any sale will be used very quickly as was seen by the cash raised from the share issue disappearing in 9 months.

Have we learned nothing from David Murray? His biggest financial problem was financing a long term asset (property) on very short loans. It would be the same principle here, if we were to finance short term running costs with assets that we have had for many years.

The Lease will be a full repairing and insuring lease - so the club will have to pay rent while still being responsible for maintaining the asset in good and substantial repair and paying for the insurance along with the landlords legal surveyors and management costs

I don't think anyone could dispute the fact that in terms of youth development MP is seriously under-performing and is a drain on valuable resources.

I don't believe it's been too bad in what it's produced over the past few years. McLeod, Aird, Ness, McCabe etc.

The players are being produced. We just aren't doing much with them.

I don't think anyone could dispute the fact that in terms of youth development MP is seriously under-performing and is a drain on valuable resources.

We appear to be producing some decent young players - the vast majority not getting through to the 1st team. The big question is: Are they simply not good enough, or is the management team not giving them the chance???

If we had not been in the position we have for the past couple of season, I very much doubt we would have seen McKay, Crawford, Aird or Gallagher...even McLeod would be doubtful (IMHO). McCoist is a buying manager - this has been displayed with the sheer number of player purchases over the past 2 seasons.

I don't believe it's been too bad in what it's produced over the past few years. McLeod, Aird, Ness, McCabe etc.

The players are being produced. We just aren't doing much with them.

For MP to be cost effective we must produce young players whom we can sell onto the bigger leagues such as the EPL i.e. MP must pay its way.

Just like Ajax do by selling the like of Eriksen & Alderweid last summer to Spurs & Atletico Madrid.

To date(13 years since it opened) MP hasn't done that has it?

Scores of good young talent has come through it's doors, we just haven't had anyone who knows what to do with all that talent. Why use an inexperienced kid when SDM will borrow £4m for you to spend eh? Why use an inexperiended kid when Craig Whyte will let you sign 9 new players eh? Why use an inexperienced kid when Chuckles Green and Craig Mather will let you carry £8m wage bills in the lowest tiers of Scottish football eh? Why promote and use your own players when Mr Wallace has told you you can add to an already ridiculously costly squad eh?

Edited by Super Cooper