Sorry, but that's completely ridiculous. Murray Park is certainly expensive to run, but it just needs it's operational costs properly streamlined. Selling it to move to a smaller facility after all the time and money that's been invested in it over the years would be total and utter madness. Rangers will be needing those world class training facilities to help us attract top quality players again when we're back in the top flight.

If it's simply a matter of getting its operational costs streamlined then, fine, keep it.

But it must not become a financial drain on valuable resources which could be put to better use elsewhere I.e. Improving the dire quality of the first team

With all due respect I think the team manager is another debate altogether but if he is unwilling to give youth a chance then there's little point in having MP IMO. Either that or change the manager but I see no point in pouring millions into MP if young players aren't going to get their chance.

If you believe the board have a vision and that vision is in SHORT form in the LONG business review then you require a training facility that can be used for an 'Academy'.

Invest in Academy Players – An Academy Development Fund will be created with dedicated

annual investment, increasing over time, committed to the acquisition and development of

high calibre young players at different stages of their careers with the target to increase the

number of Club trained talent coming through to play in the first team at an early stage.

http://www.rangers.co.uk/images/staticcontent/documents/RangersBusinessReview.pdf

Mind you, the LONG business Review was full of buzz words that may be in good part, empty.

If it's simply a matter of getting its operational costs streamlined then, fine, keep it.

But it must not become a financial drain on valuable resources which could be put to better use elsewhere I.e. Improving the dire quality of the first team

How about £12k pw a week for Jon Daly, or whatever it is? £10k pw on Black, £7k pw on Shiels, £7k pw on Templeton, is that not valuable resources which could be spent elsewhere? Do we really need to be spending those disgusting amounts to win part time leagues?

First and foremost Murray Park is a training facility, not a youth academy.

Rab, it has to be the very same debate, they are linked so closely on this issue. You are moaning because yo don't think we are getting value for money from our training facility(remember it's not an academy) which i agree with to be honest but the reason it isn't value for money is because we hire managers who either don't want to work with our own players, are unable to work with our own players, cannot develop players or are unwilling to develop our own players. The only one in the last 20 years who was able to do it was hounded out after 6 months. Remembering youth didn't lose PLG his job, that aspect of management was not his failing. It was actually one of his fortes!

Again, at the end, kids are not getting their chance because the manager would rather sign Blacks, Dalys and Peraltas.

Let me give you an example of where MP fails - Calum Gallagher.

When I first saw him come on as a sub and score against Dunfermline I thought we'd found a good young forward, just what we needed. Big,strong,mobile and could hold the ball up well.Looked as if he could finish well too.But what happened? Typical McCoist. 10minutes here 10minutes there til the end of the season including the Ramsdens Final where I genuinely believe we'd have won it had he started.

Gallagher is 20 next month or so and too old for U20's. So what will happen to him next season then? He needs first team football somewhere. Will he get his chance? Or will he just sit on the bench and get his occasional 10 minutes?

Let me give you an example of where MP fails - Calum Gallagher.

When I first saw him come on as a sub and score against Dunfermline I thought we'd found a good young forward, just what we needed. Big,strong,mobile and could hold the ball up well.Looked as if he could finish well too.But what happened? Typical McCoist. 10minutes here 10minutes there til the end of the season including the Ramsdens Final where I genuinely believe we'd have won it had he started.

Gallagher is 20 next month or so and too old for U20's. So what will happen to him next season then? He needs first team football somewhere. Will he get his chance? Or will he just sit on the bench and get his occasional 10 minutes?

Your problem is McCoist mate, not Murray Park. You may not want to admit it but it is. In Calums case, Murray Park has gone above and beyond providing a cracking youngster for the first team, whether that youngster gets game time or not is upto the first team manager.