General request here folks: At the risk of sounding repetitive, can we please refrain from bad-mouthing Rangers forums, websites and groups?

For the love of the Club, let's at least TRY to get together on the issues of fans & groups of fans questioning this Rangers board.

General request here folks: At the risk of sounding repetitive, can we please refrain from bad-mouthing Rangers forums, websites and groups?

For the love of the Club, let's at least TRY to get together on the issues of fans & groups of fans questioning this Rangers board.

It's not easy mate. There is a very distasteful track record that truly shames the extremists in "our" support.

Tin hat is on, duck and cover!! Here come the Übers..............

It's not easy mate. There is a very distasteful track record that truly shames the extremists in "our" support.

Nobody's saying anything is easy, but we need to get past these issues of bad mouthing whole forums, websites &/or groups based on the preconceptions or actions of certain individuals.

Its funny you know.....the repetitive nature of Zap's warning is partly due to your distasteful track record of turning any thread in which VB is mentioned into something of a "VB bashing thread".

In fact I recall you requesting admin delete your account on here because you felt could not adhere to the admin rules for the site due to your hatred of VB ?

Now that's what I call "extremist"

Its funny you know.....the repetitive nature of Zap's warning is partly due to your distasteful track record of turning any thread in which VB is mentioned into something of a "VB bashing thread".

In fact I recall you requesting admin delete your account on here because you felt could not adhere to the admin rules for the site due to your hatred of VB ?

Now that's what I call "extremist"

Rather than the merits or otherwise of whatever fan group you care to mention' date=' or for that matter any bad feeling between individuals/groups ........ isn't it more important to get as close to the bottom as you can get of the motivations, MO and merits or otherwise of the actual executive board because ST numbers tell us a great deal of the support aren't happy with them ?[/b']

I think the most significant issue regards the fans at the moment is not recognized groups as such.

It is the large middle rump who up until 2014 have been pretty much apolitical and just followed the team. It is within this group where there has been a change and whilst some will be fed-up with the football, the majority of them no longer have trust in the current board, the way they run the club and their longterm motivations.

In other words it's a vote of no-confidence in the board from the customers of the PLC.

So if this group is the most important in terms of volume, shouldn't their opinion weigh heavy when considering how to go forward.

Their general concerns are close to those of the UoF and when you talk of "meaningful, constructive or informative dialogue with the board" that's all very well but what happens if communications aren't so because the board are disengenuous, misleading and fail to honour such simple things as a phonecall ?

Why not forget the divisions, think of the majority of ST holders and concentrate efforts on the executive board ?

ps. I've modified a previous post and Just in case you missed it or were in a rush first time round..............

I'm not overly convinced the club need to be meeting with a website but given VB are now also an RSC and offer some sort of share purchase scheme then I guess that gives them more right than other online platforms (and certainly at least as much right as a group like SoS).

As others have said, the proof will be in the pudding. Like many other fans, VB asked many good questions on the Twitter Q&A two weeks back and didn't receive replies to the more salient ones. One wonders if they did face to face and, if so, will they share them...?

Generally speaking, no-one can doubt the good work VB do on a range of issues but, unfortunately, much of this admirable stuff is let down by some of their behaviour elsewhere online in particular. Not just from their apparently prominent members but by some of the downright bizarre stuff from their official Twitter page.

When it comes to fan groups and their representatives we need genuine leadership. I'm not convinced VB provide that but given the crap we read from others as well, then it's not a surprise we are struggling to have a group (and reps) that can unite effectively.

I didn't know that.

I don't know the details of both but I've seen them mention the initiatives on social media a few times.

As for their numbers, I've never been a member of their forum but, by way of comparison, this forum has over 3000 members but only around 100 people post daily of perhaps 200-300 regular posters from month to month. However, this site is very different from VB and I'm not sure how much of their traffic is down to loyalist stuff which they're also very active in.

I'm not overly convinced the club need to be meeting with a website but given VB are now also an RSC and offer some sort of share purchase scheme then I guess that gives them more right than other online platforms (and certainly at least as much right as a group like SoS).

As others have said, the proof will be in the pudding. Like many other fans, VB asked many good questions on the Twitter Q&A two weeks back and didn't receive replies to the more salient ones. One wonders if they did face to face and, if so, will they share them...?

Generally speaking, no-one can doubt the good work VB do on a range of issues but, unfortunately, much of this admirable stuff is let down by some of their behaviour elsewhere online in particular. Not just from their apparently prominent members but by some of the downright bizarre stuff from their official Twitter page.

When it comes to fan groups and their representatives we need genuine leadership. I'm not convinced VB provide that but given the crap we read from others as well, then it's not a surprise we are struggling to have a group (and reps) that can unite effectively.

There seems to be a polarized line in communication from the VB.

ie. Some of it is considered and well written but much of it, as you refer to is 'downright bzarre'.

It could perhaps point to the heid yins not being able to control or wanting to control general 'output'.

I've tried to ask this before and will once more.....How many are in the VB's ?

Don't need an exact number.......but is it more/less than 200, 500, whatever ??

Frankie, see my post above (55) why IMO the 'divisions' are at the moment less important than we think and why we should be concentrating more effort on more important issues.

There seems to be a polarized line in communication from the VB.

ie. Some of it is considered and well written but much of it, as you refer to is 'downright bzarre'.

It could perhaps point to the heid yins not being able to control or wanting to control general 'output'.

I've tried to ask this before and will once more.....How many are in the VB's ?

Don't need an exact number.......but is it more/less than 200, 500, whatever ??

Frankie, see my post above (55) why IMO the 'divisions' are at the moment less important than we think and why we should be concentrating more effort on more important issues.

I don't know who runs VB and I've given up trying to explain their modus operandi. I think they hinder more than help and enjoy the mischief-making more than anything else.

As for numbers, I don't use their forum so I've no idea. I wouldn't have thought they've have a 'regular' core of more than 100-200 though going by other posts.

As for you comments in post 55, your point about the majority of fans not renewing is spot on and arguably the main reason for why the club should not be meeting with UoF or Vb but having an open meeting in which a more rounded selection of fans are invited. Sure, it could be argued that such meetings may effectively be pointless but if we're to have genuine fan democracy then such meetings should happen regularly.