I will be very pleased if City win the league again but I don't share the current euphoria over the plight of United enjoyable though it is for the moment. Souness didn't start too well if I remember rightly.

De Maria

Van Persie

Rooney

Mata

et al manage one shot on target and no goals against Burnley (who win their first point of season) with Scott Arfield in the midfield..............4 competitive games, 2 goals and no wins.

Maybe just aswell for LVG that MU didn't get the big guns up front as Moyes did last year.

Lets see what Louis has to say..............

De Maria

Van Persie

Rooney

Mata

et al manage one shot on target and no goals against Burnley (who win their first point of season) with Scott Arfield in the midfield..............4 competitive games, 2 goals and no wins.

Maybe just aswell for LVG that MU didn't get the big guns up front as Moyes did last year.

Lets see what Louis has to say..............

I like Jonny Evans, but the other two at the back plus Young, Valencia and Fletcher just aren't good enough. The introduction of Rojo and Blind should help them no end, as will the break for the international matches.

• 2 weeks later...

After dispatching QPR with god knows how many millions of pounds worth of players, LVG is now talking about the title !

On October 26th Chelsea visit Old Trafford and a week later United visit Manchester City.

Come back and tell us how things are after those games.