Arguably they were lucky to get a point tonight too. Cant see them getting anything out of the next two either

Game against Chelsea will be interesting regards how LVG goes about setting his team up.

Does he aggressively go for the win and risk a 'doing' on the counter attack or try and keep it tightish and look not to be beaten ?

Any scoreline is possible, although some are less likely than others.

My odds

0-0...........9/1

2-2...........15/2

3-3............8/1

4-2............18/1

1-4............14/1

Game against Chelsea will be interesting regards how LVG goes about setting his team up.

Does he aggressively go for the win and risk a 'doing' on the counter attack or try and keep it tightish and look not to be beaten ?

Any scoreline is possible, although some are less likely than others.

My odds

0-0...........9/1

2-2...........15/2

3-3............8/1

4-2............18/1

1-4............14/1

Did you just make up betting odds for yourself :laugh:?

It's fair to say the Man Utd team team now is different to the win that started the season. A lot of quality players have been added and they will get plenty goals. They're still weak defensively but they should certainly mount a challenge for the top 4.

They really struggle with pace in defence though Berahino was quality.

Did you just make up betting odds for yourself :laugh:?

It's fair to say the Man Utd team team now is different to the win that started the season. A lot of quality players have been added and they will get plenty goals. They're still weak defensively but they should certainly mount a challenge for the top 4.

They really struggle with pace in defence though Berahino was quality.

Yes, although they are for illustration purposes and I won't be running a book. :flute:

I'd agree that all things considered (as they now stand 'on paper'),...... they should qualify directly for the CL group stage comfortably, ie. 3rd place.

We'll see what happens................

• 3 weeks later...

Timescales have changed drastically.

Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal says it could take three years for the club to reach their full potential.

After losing 1-0 to Manchester City, United have taken just 13 points from their opening 10 games, their worst start to a league campaign since 1986.

"It's not good enough," Van Gaal, 63, said. "But on the other hand, we are in a process, as I have said from the beginning.

"The process shall take more than one year; it shall take three years.

"I feel for the fans in the first place and the board because they have a great belief in me, my staff and my players."

Timescales have changed drastically.

They have spent a disgusting amount of money. At least Chelsea can back up their expenditure by actually profiting from sales and challenging for the premiership and CL. Man City are a disgrace as well, schooled in 3 out of 4 campaigns at the group stage.

Man Utd must have pretty much the highest net expenditure in the world in the last 2 seasons? Will need to research that.

They have spent a disgusting amount of money. At least Chelsea can back up their expenditure by actually profiting from sales and challenging for the premiership and CL. Man City are a disgrace as well, schooled in 3 out of 4 campaigns at the group stage.

Man Utd must have pretty much the highest net expenditure in the world in the last 2 seasons? Will need to research that.

Have certainly spent a lot this season but LVG has been in a hurry and IMO has recruited unevenly throughout the team.

It's partly the pressure of being at a club like ManUtd and the Dutchman doesn't yet seem to bringing his experience to bear, more showing signs of stress and a lack of confidence.

Have certainly spent a lot this season but LVG has been in a hurry and IMO has recruited unevenly throughout the team.

It's partly the pressure of being at a club like ManUtd and the Dutchman doesn't yet seem to bringing his experience to bear, more showing signs of stress and a lack of confidence.

They should do everything in their power to get Klopp in. Even if BvB are struggling domestically, the man is a genius. They were unlucky last weekend against Bayern.

LVG would be considered a dud were it not for his success at Ajax.

• 2 months later...

Saw the last 15 minutes of the Southampton defeat and United were clueless and devoid of creativity or real intent.

May end up struggling to qualify for the CL.

---------------------------------

@OliverKayTimes: FT: Man Utd 0 Southampton 1. #MUFC 37 pts from 21 games. Exactly same as under Moyes last season. Fewer goals scored. "Philosophy" unclear

Add XXXM pounds spent.

Edited by buster.