Part of me wants Hibs to stay up to avoid the SPFL getting an Edinburgh derby to market, as the agreement between the leagues means that the second tier will be thrown crumbs and most of the tv money is kept in the top tier (and the top 1 of the top tier at that).

However Hibs v celtic is still a marketable match, so stuff them. The tv companies wont want to broadcast hamilton v celtic, in their one horse race again, so thats what they should get.

Try getting a top flight sponsor for that.

Is it possible that this has been leaked now and being spun in the way that it is because Rangers have went to the SPFL looking for our share of the TV money and they've told us we're not getting any?

Is it possible that this has been leaked now and being spun in the way that it is because Rangers have went to the SPFL looking for our share of the TV money and they've told us we're not getting any?

I doubt the SPFL (with same CEO as then SPL) would be happy with todays headlines so I doubt the leak wouldn't have come from them as a body.

If what you are saying about the SPFL telling us we're not getting any money is true then there would be more motive or Rangers to do so but at the sametime it wouldn't achieve much.

I'd have thought the leak is more likely to come from an individual involved whose real loyalties ly neither at Ibrox or with the SPFL.

We should find out exactly how much we get per game.

And we should also collate the viewing figures for our games and the Premier League.

Then get it out there.

Let everyone know we're effectively paying that subsidy.

I doubt the SPFL (with same CEO as then SPL) would be happy with todays headlines so I doubt the leak wouldn't have come from them as a body.

If what you are saying about the SPFL telling us we're not getting any money is true then there would be more motive or Rangers to do so but at the sametime it wouldn't achieve much.

I'd have thought the leak is more likely to come from an individual involved whose real loyalties ly neither at Ibrox or with the SPFL.

I should probably point out that I'm not trying to insinuate that this is what's happened, it's just something that came up as a 'possibility' in conversation last night when discussing why this might have been leaked now at this particular time.

Hypothetically speaking, if the SPFL was skint and didn't actually have the money to pay us our share or just decided that they weren't going to pay us anything this season because they thought they could cobble together a case for not doing so, then they could leak out this story in the hope that it grows arms and legs ahead of Rangers taking them to court again, or even just as a shot across the bow.

TOTAL speculation though!!!

We should find out exactly how much we get per game.

And we should also collate the viewing figures for our games and the Premier League.

Then get it out there.

Let everyone know we're effectively paying that subsidy.

the deal liewell & Doncaster 'negotiated' is worth peanuts compared to what other countries get from their TV deals

I should probably point out that I'm not trying to insinuate that this is what's happened, it's just something that came up as a 'possibility' in conversation last night when discussing why this might have been leaked now at this particular time.

Hypothetically speaking, if the SPFL was skint and didn't actually have the money to pay us our share or just decided that they weren't going to pay us anything this season because they thought they could cobble together a case for not doing so, then they could leak out this story in the hope that it grows arms and legs ahead of Rangers taking them to court again, or even just as a shot across the bow.

TOTAL speculation though!!!

The question of whether the SPFL were due to pay Rangers X pounds or not would surely be determined by commercial contracts in conjunction with SPFL rules and should be fairly clear-cut and I doubt that a leak like this would influence the determination of Rangers to seek payment if due.

The leak itself seems to focus negative attention on the SPL (SPFL).

edit.

Did the Harry Hood (pubs) claim on the SPL ever come to anything ?......anyone

The question of whether the SPFL were due to pay Rangers X pounds or not would surely be determined by commercial contracts in conjunction with SPFL rules and should be fairly clear-cut and I doubt that a leak like this would influence the determination of Rangers to seek payment if due.

The leak itself seems to focus negative attention on the SPL (SPFL).

Things aren't always as they seem though.

What if the SPFL know that our Club can't afford another big legal battle and decided to just chance their arm?

What if the SPFL is skint too?

What if the SPFL can't actually afford to pay us what they owe us?

Write as many of these 'what if' questions as you can think of then start playing around with the possibilities. Somewhere in amongst them there's no doubt some very pertinent questions.

Edited by Zappa
typo