this is not a good idea.

An increasing number of protests with a decreasing number turning up each time will simply end up helping the board

You are welcome to your opinion but I find it somewhat pompous and unjustly dismissive.

For being new on the block, the SOS have learnt quickly and have been an effective thorn in the side of the executive board.

This has been done through management of an ongoing campaign which requires momentum.

Sometimes protests aren't so much about numbers, but subsequent coverage. Perhaps a photograph that conveys a particular message may be the most important thing that comes out of tomorrow's protest.

You are welcome to your opinion but I find it somewhat pompous and unjustly dismissive.

For being new on the block, the SOS have learnt quickly and have been an effective thorn in the side of the executive board.

This has been done through management of an ongoing campaign which requires momentum.

Sometimes protests aren't so much about numbers, but subsequent coverage. Perhaps a photograph that conveys a particular message may be the most important thing that comes out of tomorrow's protest.

then I would suggest that first, you open a dictionary and look up the meaning of both 'pompous' and 'dismissive', as my observation was neither and second, that you try engaging debate without ad hominem.

The point I'm making is that by holding a series of on-going protests over a period where people are on holiday or their minds are not on football first and foremost, SoS is simply going to dilute the power of their protest because the numbers will dwindle. You don't build momentum with dwindling numbers and no media is going to cover these protests.

The result of this is that the board will be able to point to the ever weakening protests in order to justify dismissing them.

I'm very supportive of SoS and think they have done a fantastic job so far - I just don't want to see them making a mistake from which they may not recover.

then I would suggest that first, you open a dictionary and look up the meaning of both 'pompous' and 'dismissive', as my observation was neither and second, that you try engaging debate without ad hominem.

The point I'm making is that by holding a series of on-going protests over a period where people are on holiday or their minds are not on football first and foremost, SoS is simply going to dilute the power of their protest because the numbers will dwindle. You don't build momentum with dwindling numbers and no media is going to cover these protests.

The result of this is that the board will be able to point to the ever weakening protests in order to justify dismissing them.

I'm very supportive of SoS and think they have done a fantastic job so far - I just don't want to see them making a mistake from which they may not recover.

I apoligize if I came accross badly but it was my impression of your post.

I now understand the point you make more fully.

I'd point to an issue that doesn't have a 'close season' but needs to maintain a degree of momentum.

To call a break on protests until the new season starts isn't a good option.

I'd expect there to be an appropriate photograph taken, one way or the other and distributed to media channels.

It's up to individuals what they want to do over the summer but I'm sure there are many who will look to actively support those who have the longterm future of the club in mind and not their pockets.