The situation at Rangers is a joke, blasts former striker Nacho Novo who backs Dave K

Nacho Novo branded the current situation at Rangers a ‘joke’ as he lent his public backing to Dave King’s plan for boardroom change.

The Spanish striker has become the latest former Ibrox player to speak out against the existing regime – following Richard Gough, Lorenzo Amoruso and John Brown.

Staggered by the squandering of almost £70 million in the period between May 2012 and December 2013, Novo believes an overhaul is required if Rangers are to be restored as the title-winning club he represented between 2004 and 2010.

article-0-08996960000005DC-188_634x417.jpg

Anger: Nacho Novo has hit out at the debt and uncertainty dogging his former club Rangers

The 35-year-old is supportive of fans withholding season ticket money and hopes to see King eventually assume a position of control at the end of the turmoil.

[h=4][/h]

The South African-based businessman has stated a willingness to invest around £30million in a new share issue which, if granted, would weaken the current shareholder power base.

‘It’s all very sad – you can see that in the people at the club when you go to the stadium or Murray Park,’ said Novo.

‘It’s sad – in my time everyone was happy, the training ground and stadium were excellent.

‘Now it looks as if it’s been left and is not being looked after.

‘The spirit is not the same either. I’ve been at Murray Park and Ibrox – and there is something missing. The feeling is not there.

‘It is still a massive club and without the fans the club would not exist.

‘Families are struggling for work and don’t have much money to live on yet they will always try and support the club and would normally buy season tickets. Yet they do not know where the money is going.

‘It’s not just that – for me the whole thing is a joke. Anyone who pays money needs to know what they are funding. That’s why I’m 100 per cent behind the fans and Dave King.’

article-0-06B27D31000005DC-890_634x423.jpg

After a compromise briefly appeared to be on the cards last week, relations between the Rangers board and the Union of Fans have plumbed new depths in recent days.

The club denied claims it intended to offer any legal guarantees over Ibrox and Murray Park, with the Union of Fans responding by expressing fears the key assets could be in ‘grave danger’.

King’s next move is now awaited. He may try and rally support for change among investors, but has so far insisted he has no intention of buying out existing shareholders.

‘I have been supporting King and before him Paul Murray – they are Rangers people and for me I will always side with them,’ said Novo.

‘I will definitely support them and have thought about making this statement before now.

‘I hear people asking all the time – why don’t people put lots of money in? But let’s be honest – why would you put money in now when you don’t have any clue where it is going? The whole thing is a mess. I will support King because he has Rangers’ interest at heart.

‘The only people I really care about in all of this is the fans. They are the ones who have spent their money on Rangers and they are the ones who are told nothing.’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2634441/The-situation-Rangers-joke-blasts-former-striker-Nacho-Novo-backs-Dave-Kings-plans-struggling-Scottish-giants.html#ixzz32IlO09Vi

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

It's dead easy to say 'I'm backing Dave King' but no one knows what Dave King's plans are, if any.

Do we know the Boards plans? We keep hearing about Scouting, Directors of Football, but nothing happens.

I read yesterday they are looking for a Marketing Guru, another non- football wage.

Do we know the Boards plans? We keep hearing about Scouting, Directors of Football, but nothing happens.

I read yesterday they are looking for a Marketing Guru, another non- football wage.

No we don't know the board's plans. I've critiscised them for this if you've read my posts. They're doing nothing more than treading water in the boardroom as far as I'm concerned but I'm not convinced King & Co are a credible alternative until someone like King becomes aserious player in all of this & starts buying a shareholding & stops using the excuse that he won't line shareholders' pockets

Staggered by the squandering of almost £70 million in the period between May 2012 and December 2013, Novo believes an overhaul is required if Rangers are to be restored as the title-winning club he represented between 2004 and 2010.

No Nacho, you're wrong, everything is ok,you're just a trouble maker like Gough, Amo, DK, SOS,UOF,John Brown.............................................

Expect a lawyers letter through the post Nacho.

No Nacho, you're wrong, everything is ok,you're just a trouble maker like Gough, Amo, DK, SOS,UOF,John Brown.............................................

Expect a lawyers letter through the post Nacho.

Try reading the article written by the LAWMAN on RM and you'll get a better idea of where the money went. No it wasn't all spent well & he concedes that but the suggestion it was all wasted is nonsense. Running a club the size of Rangers in the lower leagues was never going to be a money-maker unless you were to pay everyone £200 p.w. as some would suggest

No we don't know the board's plans. I've critiscised them for this if you've read my posts. They're doing nothing more than treading water in the boardroom as far as I'm concerned but I'm not convinced King & Co are a credible alternative until someone like King becomes aserious player in all of this & starts buying a shareholding & stops using the excuse that he won't line shareholders' pockets

Why are you so keen for Dave King to further reward groups who have already helped themselves and their friends to plunder millions from club coffers?