My thoughts exactly. Though I am glad to see the back of him. My dislike of him transcends the normal old firm rivalry. I would say he's a fairly mediocre manager, they might get worse but chances are they will get better.

I'm glad Martin O'Neil isn't out of work.

Couldnt agree more. I dont think he is that good a manager - mediocre is actually being generous IMHO. So their next manager is likely to be an improvement, which is sad news.

However, even though they will improve, I will state that on a personal level I am comfortable with that being the case because I would rather have them improve and the Scottish game rid itself of the biggest cancer that that it has ever had to suffer. Sometimes you take setbacks for the greater good - them improving but getting rid of Lennon is one such example.

Most of those along Kerrydale St don't seem too upset but some revealing comments such as:

I was told in confidence, by a source very close to Neil's agent that he had drafted a resignation letter in the wake of the league trophy presentation.

He feels severely let down by Peter Lawell in terms of bringing players HE wants in rather than being presented with cheaper options identified by the scouting team.

Also the failure to retain players he wanted to keep and who wanted to stay, has finally scunneredim.

Ledley found himself on a plane to London despite being eager to stay.

Hooper wanted to stay.

Samaras similarly.

I am gutted that it has come to this now, by all accounts it came damn close last year.

Seems money isn't just an issue at Ibrox.

Larsson appears to be the clear favourite with the bookies, Moyes and Coyle well up the standings; some fans yearning for the return of Di Canio. Might have come a bit too soon for McNamara.

Neil Lennon always seemed like the poster boy for the more extremist element in the Celtic support. In that respect, it might not be a bad thing that he's leaving.

As for his managerial qualities, he coasted the league and qualified for the CL, and even reached the last sixteen. We dwell on his domestic Cup failings but he succeeded, up to a point, with regard to the main events, and that kept him sweet with his employer.

I honestly couldn't predict how things will pan out from here.

Celtic have an opportunity to bring in a new man now, and Larsson would certainly generate box office appeal, which is important. I'd be surprised if they invested in Moyes, but not overly upset if he was their rather expensive choice. Malky McKay is probably a contender too but his appointment wouldn't really excite the masses.

Larsson could be their McCoist, but Celtic enjoy such a massive advantage over the rest, including us, that he would inevitably get off to a winning start. If ever there was a time to take a chance on a former playing legend, it's now.

Please don't ever come back, Lennon. Your particular brand of bitter bigotry will not be missed and Scotland is a much better place in your absence.

Wait a minute... he was the VICTIM remember!! :fish:

Most of those along Kerrydale St don't seem too upset but some revealing comments such as:

I was told in confidence, by a source very close to Neil's agent that he had drafted a resignation letter in the wake of the league trophy presentation.

He feels severely let down by Peter Lawell in terms of bringing players HE wants in rather than being presented with cheaper options identified by the scouting team.

Also the failure to retain players he wanted to keep and who wanted to stay, has finally scunneredim.

Ledley found himself on a plane to London despite being eager to stay.

Hooper wanted to stay.

Samaras similarly.

I am gutted that it has come to this now, by all accounts it came damn close last year.

Seems money isn't just an issue at Ibrox.

Larsson appears to be the clear favourite with the bookies, Moyes and Coyle well up the standings; some fans yearning for the return of Di Canio. Might have come a bit too soon for McNamara.

Why are you on there?