Adam Brooks ‏@EssexPR 2h

@scarface41 considering I have had 5-6 meetings with Lennon and Lawwell I'd say I know what I'm talking about .

Adam Brooks ‏@EssexPR 3h

So in a meeting with Lennon he told me no player should want to leave Celtic for a club like Norwich,Southampton etc..lets see where he goes

Adam Brooks ‏@EssexPR 3h

Celtic fans abusing me cos of Neil Lennon comments lol ..He's been trying to get to the Prem for the last 2 seasons and thats a fact.#Lennon

Adam Brooks ‏@EssexPR 3h

Neil Lennon been trying to leave Celtic for 2 years and didnt mind telling agents that,yet publicly slated his players that wanted to leave

Adam Brooks ‏@EssexPR 4h

So Neil Lennon has left Celtic

Aslong as he comes no where near Spurs Quite possibly the most inept manager Ive had dealings with #Clueless

I wouldn't be surprised to see David Moyes there next season. It will give him a break away from the English media and he will get titles on his CV.

Id be happy if they take Owen Coyle or Larsson, Coyle is awful and Larsson is unproven, both would struggle in Europe.

Henrik Larsson has rejected an approach from an unnamed club and Falkenberg expect him to stay as their manager for the remainder of the Swedish season.

The former Celtic striker has been linked with a return to the club to succeed Neil Lennon as manager.

But Larsson has given his word that he intends to honour his Falkenberg contract, which runs until November.

Roy Keane has also distanced himself from speculation that he might succeed Lennon at Celtic Park.

Celtic are drawing up a list of candidates, but they have not set a timescale for making an appointment.

Falkenberg are currently 10 games into the Swedish season, which ends in November, and Larsson had been considered one of the leading candidates to succeed Lennon, who will assist the club in identifying the next manager.

Playing days

Henrik Larsson: 313 games and 242 goals for Celtic, winner of four Scottish titles and four domestic cups

Roy Keane: Made 13 appearances in short spell with Celtic, scoring once, and won league and League Cup

However, the 42-year-old appears to have now ruled himself out of the running.

Hakan Nilsson, the Falkenberg sporting director, admitted the club was aware that an unnamed side had made contact directly with Larsson to discuss a possible role. However, he has no intention of accepting their offer.

"He told me he has said 'no', and I know him as a man of his word," Nilsson said. "We have no concerns about him leaving.

"I speak to Henrik every day and we are focusing on tomorrow's game [at home to Hacken]. I have no problem with the club who has spoken to Henrik. He had said 'no' and therefore it is no question for us."

Larsson has admitted he could see himself returning to Celtic at some point and that he continues to have "good contact" with the club.

The appointment of Larsson would have met with popular approval amongst the Celtic support, despite his relative inexperience as a manager, although the board has yet to finalise its shortlist of candidates.

Only then will a formal approach be made for the individual they identify as their first choice. Nilsson confirmed that there was no contact from the club that spoke to Larsson to ask for permission.

"If that offer comes we will consider it then," Nilsson said. "[but] we are very happy to have Henrik with us. [He] has a contract with us and that contract is between us and Henrik, no one else."

Gordon Strachan and Roy Keane

Keane (right) and Strachan attended one of Celtic's Champions League games in November

Keane, who played for Celtic for six months in 2006 under Gordon Strachan, is currently assistant manager to Martin O'Neill with the Republic of Ireland and a television pundit. He has featured on the bookmakers' lists of potential candidates for Celtic, but distanced himself from the speculation.

"I've got a job - I've got two jobs - I can't have another one," Keane said. "They are a brilliant club, an absolutely fantastic football club, one of the best in the world. But I have got a job.

"There's always speculation when you are out of work or whatever. People might see this role as part-time or whatever, but it keeps me busy, I enjoy it.

"I'm happy with what I'm doing and if somebody calls me, I will speak to Martin and the FAI and we will have a look at it.

"But it's all speculation, and obviously that speculation comes from yourselves [journalists]. I don't think you have heard it from any club sources.

"As I said, I have got a job, we have got a game at the weekend [against Turkey on Sunday], a busy old weekend coming up and I am looking forward to that."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27545737

One does wonder what popcorn teeth's real reasons are for quitting.With CL football income over the past few seasons and 40,000 plus ST holders according to Liewell it was said they were facing budget cuts to their playing staff? How could that be? Something doesn't add up here. Porky pies somewhere may be?