Lifted from FF:

On the 18th of December 2012 there was an incident within Ibrox stadium involving Police Scotland and members of the Union Bears; an incident which made headlines throughout Scotland and branded our members as mindless and violent thugs. At the time, we released a brief statement maintaining our innocence, criticising the Police and asking fellow Rangers fans for help with gathering evidence. From that night, a total of 11 group members were arrested and banned from attending all Rangers matches.

After countless court appearances over an 18 month period, involving 14 Police witnesses and hours of CCTV footage; a verdict of not guilty was delivered to 10 of our members, which surely must cast another shadow of doubt over the functionality of the Offensive Behaviour at Football bill, something which our group strongly opposes. The one remaining member; sadly, was today found guilty of culpable and reckless conduct after "banging a drum beside a Police horse" ; without speculating, we believe this was an attempt to save some form of credibility for Police Scotland and the Scottish Justice System in what has been an embarrassing case for them.

Throughout all 11 trials which were attended by large fractions of our group, we were saddened to see actions which does not fit the character of a reputable Police force. Continuous lying under oath, manufacturing statements to suit their agenda and targeting individual members. We hope this highlights the extreme lengths that Police Scotland will go to victimise our group.

At this time, we would like to thank the Rangers support who stood beside us and helped where they could; your continued assistance and support throughout this matter has been greatly appreciated. This has made us stronger as a group and we refuse to be the victims of unjust treatment from a cowardly and deplorable Police force.

Police lies, ruin lives.

Union Bears

No Surrender

I remember seeing the fan`s video at the time and wondering why so many police officers with spaghetti on their caps were assembling on the track between the main stand and the Broomloan Rd. stand, before they unleashed the charge into the stands. From the video available I could not see any crowd disturbance. It looked like it was a planned action then and now it has so proved. I am glad that you guys stood up to this harassment and attempted intimidation.

I actually got to see the behind the scenes evidence of what happened in the concourse that day, and I am not surprised that the cases have went the way they have. A major Police over-reaction if ever I saw one, with one officer in particular setting the whole thing off by pressing a panic button when there was absolutely no need to do so.

While not a fan of their pyro nonsense and some of their songs, I am absolutely delighted the UB got the verdicts they deserve in this case.