It's not an assumption: after being suspended by Charles Green, Neil Murray left last April and hasn't been replaced.

Sure you can argue whether or not we need a fully staffed department but I'd say the quality (or rather the paucity) of our signings in recent times suggests we certainly need someone capable to managing what is an important part of ensuring your squad is suitable year on year. Contacts, agents and Youtube videos are all well and good but it needs someone dedicated to fully managing the process. We don't have that and it's unacceptable.

What is more pressing at Rangers than actually being able to put a team on the park that can challenge Celtic, win domestic competitions and ensure European football (and the essential monies that come from that)?

Next we'll be told Auchenhowie is just a waste of money as well. Oh wait, we already have been...

Perhaps we don't need the stadium overheads either? And, hey, with only 10K season ticket holders, why not just move back to playing at Glasgow Green?

As always, you may find all the above acceptable. I don't.

Well, Neil Murray's work was ridiculed on this board from day one. Maybe not by you, but my memory ain't that bad. It is a touch hypocritical if losing him is "suddenly" something the board should be held accountable for.

Yes, we need a team able to challenge the Yahoos ONCE we reach the SPFL, hopefully this time next summer. It is up for debate whether the current team can do that, or whether we will be able to buy players to do that next summer. I do not take it for granted that we have no scouts out there or that our management doesn't scour the markets for people they can get. And that "can" is what matters these days. Not just because money is tight, but because where we are right now and what we can offer. People can dream about CL games and titles all day long, right now we have a job to do that is far more mundane. It should not stop us from creating a scouting network or developing our own youngsters ... and nobody says so.

MP ... I guess you have never heard from me (or anyone else in his/her right mind) that Auchenhowie is a waste of space and money.

I'll ignore the flippant remark about Ibrox either, as it was rather unrequired. And I am far from suggesting this, but there are quite a few teams out there who do not own the stadia they are playing their games in. In a British context it would rob the club not just its heart though, but also the means of actually having a security to get money in, if required.

Also one invested in Rangers, the other makes money from Rangers.

Rangers Retail Ltd (51%) and Sports Direct (49%) have a joint venture where on the face of it RRL seem to have control.

However on financial matters Sports Direct shares count for double and they can do what they want.

Would Ashely (or friends/associates) be on board what has been termed by GW as an 'onerous contract' ?

Well, Neil Murray's work was ridiculed on this board from day one. Maybe not by you, but my memory ain't that bad. It is a touch hypocritical if losing him is "suddenly" something the board should be held accountable for.

Yes, we need a team able to challenge the Yahoos ONCE we reach the SPFL, hopefully this time next summer. It is up for debate whether the current team can do that, or whether we will be able to buy players to do that next summer. I do not take it for granted that we have no scouts out there or that our management doesn't scour the markets for people they can get. And that "can" is what matters these days. Not just because money is tight, but because where we are right now and what we can offer. People can dream about CL games and titles all day long, right now we have a job to do that is far more mundane. It should not stop us from creating a scouting network or developing our own youngsters ... and nobody says so.

MP ... I guess you have never heard from me (or anyone else in his/her right mind) that Auchenhowie is a waste of space and money.

I'll ignore the flippant remark about Ibrox either, as it was rather unrequired. And I am far from suggesting this, but there are quite a few teams out there who do not own the stadia they are playing their games in. In a British context it would rob the club not just its heart though, but also the means of actually having a security to get money in, if required.

You refuse to listen to me or answer any questions, so here is what the club said recently............

"There is no proper talent identification and scouting operation in place for professional players and

at the time when investment in playing talent needed to focus on identifying value acquisitions, the

Club dismantled its scouting and recruitment network."

Graham Wallace

He took 120 days to come up with this so you'd hope it be accurate !!

Was he intimidated? Re-read the OP and didn't exactly find anything of that kind? (Just asking for further info, BTW.)

Some may perceive a lawyers letter to be 'intimidating'.

Sometimes designed to influence someone into a certain course of action but without good reason in law.

ie. it is often done with the hope that the recipient will presume a lawyer to be correct and thus they intimidate using a superior knowledge of the law.

That said, I'm sure Mr.Paterson won't be intimidated.

Edited by buster.

quite hard to intimidate billy i suspect. wont stop some trying.

They've tried before with unsuccessful 'bluff tactics', that or they are completely incompetent and not fit fot purpose.

They failed or have learnt something. They also now know that Mr.Paterson isn't one to be bluffed or intimidated.

So either they believe that they have a reasonable to good argument in law or they are desperate to prevent sight of relevant contracts.