Could we?

Once saying - " I think Rangers are a great team with lots of potential. I follow them in the Scottish league."

FRANK LAMPARD today hailed the Rangers fans as amazing' - and backed the Ibrox club to join Chelsea in this season's Champions League.

The England man revealed that Jose Mourinho's stars were gob-smacked by the reception they received from the home fans in Saturday's 2-0 friendly defeat from Walter Smith's side.

Lampard, and skipper John Terry, saluted the Ibrox crowd at time-up, and the midfielder claimed it was the best friendly he'd ever played in.

"The Rangers fans were awesome, all the lads were talking about it," said Lampard.

advertisement"The reception I got when I went to take corners during the game, and after when we were going off, was really nice.

"They certainly love their own team, but it was very special to get that welcome. It was amazing really, and a very good game to play in for us, certainly the best friendly we've had.

"With that kind of backing from their crowd, they will be hard to beat. And I expect to see Rangers in the Champions League."

lamps_zpsaa408444.jpg

Sp!vs want to sell season books, well get your cheque books out!

It's the right decision to release him, he hasn't done enough this past season. Thanks for the memories though Super Frank.

Regarding us signing him, I presume you are being somewhat facetious there :D.

He will go to another Premiership team or the MLS and earn millions.

I wouldn't have taken him to the WC if I was Hodgson simply because you aren't going to get 3 x 90 minutes out of him but I still think he would be a terrific squad player for Chelsea next season to come off the bench and nick a goal or 2.

I also thought he put in a cracking shift against Liverpool at Anfield.