SBS, I refrain from going as personal as you just did. May the admins handle these kind of verbal attacks.

I'm not taking sides in yet another round of your pointless bickering and just out of curiosity, how do you expect people to react when you run around publicly announcing that you have them on your ignore list? Please! Do not answer that question. I'm no mood for it! Thank you. Oh, and for the umpteenth time, I need to ask you to refrain from announcing that other forum members are on your ignore list. You are actually increasing the problems and causing more bad vibes than we would have here otherwise, so it needs to stop.

There's a thread on here where a bluenose is trying to bring fans together so they can agree about how they speak about and to each other, it's a sad but admirable post. I wonder if that same thought might be extended to one of our greatest ever players, certainly our best known, most popular and most successful of the modern era.

A man who almost singlehandedly held our club together as we entered our lowest ebb, who was the only person speaking to players, coaches and administrative staff alike, who spent more time dealing with accountants, lawyers and media than footballers during that period.

A man who even today remains for many of us the only recognisable connection to the Rangers we grew up with and fell in love with. A beacon of light in the darkness of hedge funds, corporate raiders, vicious media and crooked game administrators. A lifelong supporter, a superb goal scorer for club and country, a man who always made time for supporters and is arguably the club's greatest ever ambassador.

A man who despite some obvious deficiencies has managed to steer us to two straight promotions and the brink of a return to the top flight. A man who if he ever did 'walk away' might open us up to God knows who in our managers seat; certainly someone cheap, director pliable and without any currency with the support.

So perhaps those posters who seem unable to discuss any topic on here without directing vitriol at Ally McCoist might like to step back from the hate-filled posts that are becoming ever more noticeable on here and reflect on the language they use when discussing our manager.

Congratulations to the new Mrs McCoist, you have married not only a warm, personable and charismatic man but also a man who Rangers history will mention in the same breath as William Struth, Moses and Peter McNeil, Tom Vallance, Peter Campbell, William McBeath, Willie Woodburn, George Young and Willie Waddell. A true legend, a man who has done as much on the park as anyone in our history and more off it than anyone ever before him. And his story is still not finished.

Think about that please the next time you feel like posting about how much you are sick of seeing his face or when you question if he has our best interests at heart.

Seriously, Celtic fans wouldn't speak about him the way some us do. It shames you, it shames all of us.

Well said sir!

I'm not taking sides in yet another round of your pointless bickering and just out of curiosity, how do you expect people to react when you run around publicly announcing that you have them on your ignore list? Please! Do not answer that question. I'm no mood for it! Thank you. Oh, and for the umpteenth time, I need to ask you to refrain from announcing that other forum members are on your ignore list. You are actually increasing the problems and causing more bad vibes than we would have here otherwise, so it needs to stop.

I'll do so from now on and can't remember being told. That said, SBS put a question to me and I answered it.

There's a thread on here where a bluenose is trying to bring fans together so they can agree about how they speak about and to each other, it's a sad but admirable post. I wonder if that same thought might be extended to one of our greatest ever players, certainly our best known, most popular and most successful of the modern era.

A man who almost singlehandedly held our club together as we entered our lowest ebb, who was the only person speaking to players, coaches and administrative staff alike, who spent more time dealing with accountants, lawyers and media than footballers during that period.

A man who even today remains for many of us the only recognisable connection to the Rangers we grew up with and fell in love with. A beacon of light in the darkness of hedge funds, corporate raiders, vicious media and crooked game administrators. A lifelong supporter, a superb goal scorer for club and country, a man who always made time for supporters and is arguably the club's greatest ever ambassador.

A man who despite some obvious deficiencies has managed to steer us to two straight promotions and the brink of a return to the top flight. A man who if he ever did 'walk away' might open us up to God knows who in our managers seat; certainly someone cheap, director pliable and without any currency with the support.

So perhaps those posters who seem unable to discuss any topic on here without directing vitriol at Ally McCoist might like to step back from the hate-filled posts that are becoming ever more noticeable on here and reflect on the language they use when discussing our manager.

Congratulations to the new Mrs McCoist, you have married not only a warm, personable and charismatic man but also a man who Rangers history will mention in the same breath as William Struth, Moses and Peter McNeil, Tom Vallance, Peter Campbell, William McBeath, Willie Woodburn, George Young and Willie Waddell. A true legend, a man who has done as much on the park as anyone in our history and more off it than anyone ever before him. And his story is still not finished.

Think about that please the next time you feel like posting about how much you are sick of seeing his face or when you question if he has our best interests at heart.

Seriously, Celtic fans wouldn't speak about him the way some us do. It shames you, it shames all of us.

That, my friend, is one of the best posts I have ever read on this or any other forum. Well said, you.

Amms

Sometimes the naked truth isn't palatable, nor do some people want to see beyond what has become a 'birthday suit'.

McCoist, like everyone else, isn't above criticism, no Rangers manager ever should be. In my opinion he's done so much for us over so long that he at the very least always deserves our respect though. I guess what I'm saying is posters should play the ball not the man.

McCoist, like everyone else, isn't above criticism, no Rangers manager ever should be. In my opinion he's done so much for us over so long that he at the very least always deserves our respect though. I guess what I'm saying is posters should play the ball not the man.

Consider Ally McCoist and his long history with Rangers.

As you say, he's naturally going to get the benefit of the doubt relative to what is seen and perceived regards the past.

For AMcC, the manager, this translates into time when things go badly.

McCoist has a large block of credit built up and the very fact that many have decided that this time has run out would suggest that in real terms (if it was someone else) his time was up a while ago.

Two other things have effected the timescale.

1. The ongoing nightmare/process that is aflicting our club which has made life more difficult / provided excuses / balance between the two.

2. Media coverage of Ally McCoist throughout the nightmare which IMO has been overly generous and not reflected reality.