I think for people to assassinate McCoist over unknown off-field issues is wrong.

It is true he may have been buying shares as a show of support for Rangers. He may have changed his mind about telling fans to buy shares as initially he may have believed the club wouldn't survive or at that time he hadn't been given the assurances he needed.

As for his pay packet - very unfair. AM has a very high profile and can earn a certain level of money every year no matter what, and £800,000 to Ally won't have seemed extraordinary in the least.

So in summary - no one knows exactly how or why McCoist has behaved as he has over last few years (out of love for the club I'd guess) and it is wrong to hound a club legend like him. Indeed he may have been the difference between Rangers not existing at all and the current situation.

As a manager and coach - well there are probably dozens of better managers in Scotland alone. Director of Football beckons.

Buying a million shares for £10k is not a show of support it's pure greed buying a million at £0.70 in the IPO and spending £700k would've been a sign of support.

Perhaps McCormick who at the time was closer to Green's arse than his Y fronts advised McCoist 1p was all they were worth.

Buying a million shares for £10k is not a show of support it's pure greed buying a million at £0.70 in the IPO and spending £700k would've been a sign of support.

Perhaps McCormick who at the time was closer to Green's arse than his Y fronts advised McCoist 1p was all they were worth.

So are you suggestingthat McCoist, when offered the opportunity to invest in the club, should have refused?

That wasn't investment but a sweetner.same as all the other directors (s@#s)etc were at. As he said buying at ipo price would have been a sign of genuine investment.

So are you suggestingthat McCoist, when offered the opportunity to invest in the club, should have refused?

Dress it up whatever way you like, those one million shares and what went on at the time never have smelt good.

I said a while ago, that as he so often talks about the support and the club being theirs,......why not give or sell for 1p a share his stake, or a large % of it to the supporters block vote.

You know, reading some of the posts on here, we've actually got the club we deserve. It's no wonder we're in the state we're in.

I look forward to the day we appoint a manager who is a cross between Warren Buffet and Carlo Ancelotti whilst also a qualified financial advisor.

Aye, enjoy the close season, time for a break me thinks.

Between McCoist saying that he couldn't tell fans to buy tickets and then telling fans to buy tickets, what had changed? What was happening in the background? Let's have some meat on teh bones instead of just chucking around epithets and character assasination.

Taking two statements at different times and out of context serves no purpose other than to support a fabricated argument. You'd be as well calling the captain of the Titanic a liar because he said everything was fine on Saturday afternoon and then told everybody to abandon ship on Sunday night.

As for the penny shares; did. McCoist set the value of those shares? Did he coose to sell the shares to himself at that price? Or was he putting in as much as he could of his own personal money into the club as a sign of faith?

And as to his salary, criticising him for taking the salary offered is just perverse. How else should that conversation have gone:

Employer: "Here's your salary for the year"

Employee: "Nah, that's too much because you're mismanaging the club you've just bought and you can't be trusted with the tens of millions of pounds you've just raised"

A million shares @ 1p each, a corporate rape the same as Green, Ahmed, Hughes amongst the 19 million share pillage.

Funny as hell. The club was floated at 70p, was going to be £1 when McCoist got his. The fans paid the 70p a pop.

He never invested in the club, he sold his soul for £690,000 of free shares.

You know, reading some of the posts on here, we've actually got the club we deserve. It's no wonder we're in the state we're in.

I look forward to the day we appoint a manager who is a cross between Warren Buffet and Carlo Ancelotti whilst also a qualified financial advisor.

Aye, enjoy the close season, time for a break me thinks.

I think we'll need to strap ourselves in and get heavily sedated for next season because there's a very bumpy ride ahead. The McCoist bashing is going to multiply ten fold when we inevitably start shipping points in the Championship.