Actually I take back what I previously said about there being dozens of better managers in Scotland alone. The reality is he is still unproven, with good league form combined with poor cup form. He definitely deserves more time.

In fairness to McCoist, a million shares for £10k is a very very small slice of the pie that Green & co chopped up and handed out to themselves, their pals and many others.

so he was bought cheaply?

You could just as easily say that Ally did what he thought was in the best interests of the Club and was smart enough to realise the Club and fans had very little choice because Green & co would have gotten their money out of the Club one way or another. Remember what Green allegedly told Bomber?

It's hard to believe that Ally was 'bought' with a million cheap shares and all of a sudden started kissing Green's arse. I'd bet that Ally never trusted Green & co and that he took a million shares off them primarily because they were getting handed out left, right and centre anyway, so when given the opportunity he thought something like "fuck it, why not, at least they'll be in the hands of a Rangers fan".

No, I mean, are you suggesting that McCoist, when offered the opportunity to invest in the club, should have refused?

His £10k "investment" would have covered his own wages for circa four and a quarter days had he bought his million shares in the IPO it would have covered his wages for circa ten months.

Note Ally doesn't do wage cuts he does deferments.

Subject: Ally

Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2012 23:52:06 +0000

To: Ian Hart, Walter Smith, Malcolm Murray, Phil Cartmell, Bryan Smart

CC: Charles A Green, Imran Ahmad

Gentlemen

The Board is being asked by Ally and his agent to approve an increase in his salary to the original level of £750k per annum.

Whilst some of you may be aware of the background discussions that have taken place with Ally over his remuneration, some of you may not be so I set out the detail below:

Originally Ally had an employment contract paying £750k per annum. In consideration for working with the Club during the difficult early stages and as a condition of supporting Charles, it was necessary for Charles to agree with Ally that Ally would have the same option package as Charles

Charles, after discussion with Malcolm, agreed to reduce his own salary by half to £360k per annum.

Ally agreed to reduce his salary from £750k to £600k per annum.

At the time of the IPO, it became apparent that public disclosure of Ally's salary may be necessary in the Prospectus. Ally was concerned at how the fans would react to his salary level and I understand that he wanted to reduce it further to around £200k but with some sort of guaranteed bonus to make it back up. The Executive did not accept this as it was considered misleading and the disclosure made in the prospectus was for the actual amounts paid to Ally from June to August. The Executive agreed to explore every avenue to avoid having to disclose Ally's current contract and, after lengthy discussion with the Executive and its advisers, the UKLA accepted that no disclosure needed to be made about the level of Ally's ongoing salary.

The Executive has recently been contacted by Ally's agent requesting an increase in Ally's salary from £600k back to the original £750k from now but with arrears of £62.5k to be paid in the January payroll (this represents the 5 months backdated pay).

The Board is asked to consider and, if appropriate, approve the reinstatement of Ally's salary at £750k per annum and the payment of £62.5k of arrears. If this is approved then Ally's original contract will become in force. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.

Kind regards

Sent from my iPhone

http://www.scribd.com/doc/201292857/One-year-ago

This was after he picked up his million penny shares.

Problem with this rolling contract arrangement (if correct)is we will have a years pay off to make when his time comes unless someone bites the bullet and gives him one years notice. Give him one years notice now. if in a years time he is worth a new deal then make a new deal then at realistic rates etc if he is fucking up at christmas then pay off will be half and finally if he doesn't like that arrangement he can walk now.

A rolling contract surely means that the club simply have the option of non-renewal when it expires, rather than having to make a lump sum pay off.