Considering McCoist's part and massive financial gains at huge cost to the fans IPO and ST expenditure, even he would not have had the brass neck to push his mate Chuck for more. No, he simply lay with the dogs and did exactly what Greenco did for the same ends - personal financial gain.

I should have made my sarcasm clear, but I honestly thought it was particularly obvious. I apologise.

McCoist has handled himself very badly in all of this, yet the stout defence he gets regardless of his actions and the damning evidence shows he is bullet proof.

Seems most people would let him shag their missus and offer to pay him for it. At least he does not lack experience or qualifications in that department, unlike when he accepted his current over paid gig :rfcbouncy:

Again, though, what facts do we have that suggest that, rather than McCoist just selling his soul to Green for the shares, that Green didnt sell his consortium's wherewithal to McCoist ? I'm neither pro nor anti McCoist in this debate - more someone sitting on the fence. But I dont see any facts which tell us, for certain, that Green didnt, in the interim, convince McCoist that Charles Green was right for Rangers.

Sure, the timing looks suspicious. But we mustnt forget that there was time between him saying "I cant endorse these guys" and him subsequently changing his mind. What are the facts between times, and not just the facts we KNOW about. Yes, he was offered shares but do we know that this is the sole reason that he changed his mind ? We cant say for sure. There was ample time fro Green to hoodwink McCoist the same way he had done with many of the rest of us. Yet you are passing it as fact that McCoist changed his mind SOLELY because of the shares he was granted. We dont know that.

McCoist's biggest mistake in all of this, in my view, was with the "I dont check my bank statement" statement that he made - that shows him to be more aloof from the fans than anything else he has said or done.

However, he was assured that the club had money, he was assured that everything was fine. So should he have refused the package he was offered back then ? I'm not sure many of us would have done. It is easy for us to say we would work for Rangers for half of this or a fraction of that without being in that position.

At the end of the day we all want financial security for us and our own families. We would look out for ourselves too. Perhaps if McCoist just admitted to this then there would be more respect for him and what he has done for the club. But, then again, maybe not.

McCoist was told what? John Brown talked crap and was busy going on about the title deeds when his agent was telling him he had inspected them.

I don't remember anyone coming up with proof about Green at that point. It was all rumour or speculation, while Green was making plans to bring in £20m+ into the club.

I wasn't privvy to the actual conversation but John Brown said on national radio that he had warned McCoist and others about Green&Co in the summer of 2012.

It wasn't only Bomber who at the time felt that they had good reason to be fearful of the motives behind Green&Co, there were other prominent Bears with similar fears.

John Brown did know of certain details / things going on in the background that placed his knowledge somewhere between speculation and enough concrete presentable evidence. Bomber wasn't the best man to articulate the matter but he seemed the only one willing to stand-up at the time.

Personally I think that there were two important aspects to this.

1. There wasn't absolute knowledge of what was going on.

Along the lines of, enough to know that there was something very wrong but not enough to put your finger on the precise plan(s), (Motive not ongoing detailed MO).

2. The club needed revenue if it were to go forward and somewhat similar to what the situation is today, the option to starve the club wasn't an attractive one to the great majority. When I say similar, it would seem today if the 'starve them out' option is now on the agenda of many more than in 2012. All things considered you can see why this is the case.

So you could say that many of those 'prominent'/knowledgable (to a degree) Bears 'held their wisht' and undertook a watching brief with varying degrees of dread. They watched Green attain a powerful position through mostly empty bulls**t and many hoped that the club would benfit from the wave being rode. The more cynical had less positive expectation.

Don't get me started on the signings. Out of 25 signings nigh on 20 have been very poor.

You are being generous, for me only 2 have been nailed on successes. Aluko and Wallace. The rest have been between a waste of money, pointless, hopeless and not good enough.

McCoist was told about Green.

John Brown being one of those voices and the only one who went public at the time and since saying he told AMcC, amongst others.

Haha, and how many honestly trusted what Bomber said ?

This post is the epitomy of hindsight. Almost everyone was decrying Bomber as a blubbering alcoholic who shouldnt be trusted..... yet here we are lauding him as someone Ally should have listened to.

Omnishambles ? Rangers certainly are that, and we arent far behind as a support either.

i trusted bomber and for that matter andy cameron who insisted whyte and green were involved with each other. or forlan if you prefer.

plenty of information was out there.

So you trusted John Brown when he said that the stadium wasn't owned? Or you trusted him when he wanted a Celtic fan to own the club?

1. There wasn't absolute knowledge of what was going on.

Along the lines of, enough to know that there was something very wrong but not enough to put your finger on the precise plan(s), (Motive not ongoing detailed MO).

There's enough bullshit out there in terms of rumours. It's easy enough to make these claims with hindsight but when people make claims that they are not able or not willing to substantiate in any way then it's difficult or impossible to expect most people to support their views.

When it's proven that we own the stadium and £22m cash has been raised, but someone has a bad feeling about it and thinks Green's past is a bit shifty, is it reasonable to expect people to 100% believe that it's all going to go tits up?

Hey, there's even fans out there telling us the current board are doing a good job.

So you trusted John Brown when he said that the stadium wasn't owned? Or you trusted him when he wanted a Celtic fan to own the club?

when he said green was threatening to turn the club to dust. when he said we were in real danger etc.