I think that's the main reason Green & co brought him in because he was well connected and respected in certain quarters of 'the city', so he was able to source investors and land Cenkos as Nomad & Broker. In fairness though, once he'd landed Cenkos, then getting investors on board would have been easier for him and in fact, some may even have been sourced by Cenkos themselves.

His finger just wasn't on the pulse of what was really going on because he was left out of the loop by Green & co unless they needed him for something. That's the impression I got anyway and it's backed up by some of his own comments and stuff leaked to Jackson during the first boardroom war.

This is common practice between a CEO and Chairman. However, when a Chairman is asked to speak on behalf of the Company he would normally make sure, and indeed have reviewed, his comments by the company management to make sure they are "on point". Murray didnt.

No, it doesnt. But you have made an attempt to suggest that you believed Bomber in only the items that he was right about.

Any of us could throw shit at a wall and some of it will stick, but your "Ally could have listened to Bomber" statement was an attempt to suggest McCoist should have known better.

The reality is that you probably either believed Bomber with most of his stuff or disbelieved most of it - but you are passing off, with hindsight, that McCoist should have known which pieces to believe and which pieces to ignore.

Again, Bluedell was right, you were using hindsight to selectively pick which pieces of the Bomber tirades should have been listened to.

Plenty, and I mean PLENTY, of fans were dismissing Bomber as a raging alcoholic who shouldnt be listened to in any type of fashion.

Yet, with the lucury of hindsight again, you are suggesting McCoist got it horribly wrong to ignore Bomber.

He was right about enough that he should have been listened to.

In reality super should just have listened to green and known he was a wrong Un. Was clear to me. Zappa forlan and plenty others.

He was patently full of shit from the minute he opened his mouth and my signature was. Along the lines of judge a man by his action not his words at the time.

Anyway Ally should have remained neutral even if green was the Messiah. Especially after taking the shares.

FWIW I'm happy Ally has those shares and not a ****.

Ps I backed Bomber from the off.

He was right about enough that he should have been listened to.

In reality super should just have listened to green and known he was a wrong Un. Was clear to me. Zappa forlan and plenty others.

He was patently full of shit from the minute he opened his mouth and my signature was. Along the lines of judge a man by his action not his words at the time.

Anyway Ally should have remained neutral even if green was the Messiah. Especially after taking the shares.

FWIW I'm happy Ally has those shares and not a ****.

Ps I backed Bomber from the off.

He was only proven right in hindsight. At the time without the luxury if such hindight he was roundly ridiculed by most. You can say it as many times as you like GS, but without the hindsight we now have, Bomber was considered nothing more than a pest to Rangers - indeed, many were saying he should never be allowed back at Ibrox, such was the disdain for him

You are right that you, forlan, Zappa etc were right. But, again, that is with hindsight. Green was very effective at selling his bullshit to the masses - no reason to be overly critical of McCoist for getting it wrong - many of us did.

I agree, the mistake McCoist made was that he should have remained neutral and should have said "I just want to manage. I am a football manager so leave the business and administrative conversations to those more versed than me".

I agree, I am happier McCoist has the shares rather than Green and his cohorts - we know those shares wouldnt have got into the hands of the fans had McCoist not got them.

Yeah, you maybe did back Bomber from the off.... but with ALL that he said, not just the pieces you want to select that he got right. He got a lot wrong too, which means you did as well.

He was only proven right in hindsight. At the time without the luxury if such hindight he was roundly ridiculed by most. You can say it as many times as you like GS, but without the hindsight we now have, Bomber was considered nothing more than a pest to Rangers - indeed, many were saying he should never be allowed back at Ibrox, such was the disdain for him

You are right that you, forlan, Zappa etc were right. But, again, that is with hindsight. Green was very effective at selling his bullshit to the masses - no reason to be overly critical of McCoist for getting it wrong - many of us did.

I agree, the mistake McCoist made was that he should have remained neutral and should have said "I just want to manage. I am a football manager so leave the business and administrative conversations to those more versed than me".

I agree, I am happier McCoist has the shares rather than Green and his cohorts - we know those shares wouldnt have got into the hands of the fans had McCoist not got them.

Yeah, you maybe did back Bomber from the off.... but with ALL that he said, not just the pieces you want to select that he got right. He got a lot wrong too, which means you did as well.

Hindsight only applies if your wrong in foresight.

FF again

Richard Gough has been promised director of football if David king gets in,

This I believe, Gough has previous for it. Due to his antics with Whyte, how he spoke at a function I attended and addressed the support present - long after most had Whyte sussed - it would not surprise me at all if he is playing the part to get a job.

When Gough was named with Dave King I decided there and then I absolutely would not sign up to any trust / scheme / company they put forward. In fact, after weighing up the pros and cons and considering all factors, I have paid for 2 of the renewals I have. And the silence from King was a factor. I am not totally comfortable with that decision but after months of debate and looking at all contributing factors, that is where I am. I do not know where King is.

Fwiw, our rsc has just passed 50% renewals now. Although the remainder are definite no's.