- If forums simply adhered to their moderation policy then there would be no abuse there.

If you get offended by X, put him on 'ignore'.

- This is a difficult time in our history and there will be strong views out there.

- If individuals on twitter 'abuse' then there is the option to block them.

If they are the type to continually abuse, any mooted 'code of conduct' would be ignored by them anyway.

- Beware the attempt to marginalise or push for (harsh) criticism being labeled as 'abuse' in any efforts towards regulation.

Freedom of speech still exists in the UK although it is continually under attack and isn't what it used to be.

One of the methods of attack is to stigmatize and make people (including politicans) scared of addressing certain issues or not towing a certain line.

Whilst not directly related to our situation, it is through such mooted 'code of conducts' or the like that certain issues or areas of discussion can start on the road to be marginalised or better controlled.

Quite apart from that and as others have intimated, this initiative will achieve little or nothing and may actually stimulate more talk of division at a time where the great majority of the support are broadly united wrt being unhappy with how the executive board go about there business.

ps. It's ironic that the main root of this issue takes you back to the executive board, or rather the then dictator SDM alongside Jack Irvine.

My view is simple; "The Rangers Standard" should be self policing.

A code of conduct asking for a modicum of respect to be shown towards fellow supporters is neither a distraction, nor a threat to freedom of expression.

Appropriate and consistent forum moderation, plus more blocking on Twitter would certainly help, but I simply don't see the problem with an initiative which gets different groups involved in agreeing the principles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is he not talking about people chucking forums as opposed to not going to games?

In the first paragraph, yes, but he's talking about a wider disengagement with the Club at the end of the post.

Listen, I'm not saying that on its own online abuse is causing large numbers of supporters to stop attending games, but I think it contributes to some people falling out of love with the Club and we need to address it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk