Our whole Club has been a 'cringefest' since Craig Whyte took over, so I'm not sure if a meeting of some fans can make matters any worse.

It is pandering to a small minority mate. This won't move things forward.

Erm, I see a united support. Perhaps not 100% which will never ever, ever happen but a majority that believes. I also see a small minority disengage with fans who do not conform to their opinions followed by abuse and smears.

Here's a good example. You defend the board on here. I also see the majority object to the board on here. See where I'm going? Despite the club's board's best effort to fuck us all over some still think they're okay.

This isn't black and white, forgetting whether you trust the board or not there's clearly division over the season ticket issue, especially if the 20k rumours have any merit. You mentioned the RST as being a mature group yet a forum heavily associated with them has had users calling people who have renewed 'scum', 'idiots' etc. So the bad tone hasn't all come from one 'side'.

The meeting may end up being a waste of time and if so there probably won't be another, but it's well intended. Yet you're writing it off before it's even taken place and are getting all high and mighty about some groups being so much better than others.

Look at the people that are involved in the online spats. Their numbers are very, very small and are quite often ridiculed if not ignored. There are tens of thousands of supporters only interested in the club's well-being not engaging with organised groups or campaigns for various reasons. Most are aware but prefer to sit tight like many of my mates are doing.

Attendance tomorrow is acknowledging a tiny minority of agitators, some of whom may well be ****s, we don't know for sure, which heaps further embarrassment on the support.

I'd like to think the more mature groups (RST, RSAs) won't be in attendance. Thank goodness I'll be carrying out my end of month stocktake that will take up all my thoughts away from this cringefest.

I tend to agree with this. The extremist fringe is being acknowledged for being unable to conduct itself in an adult manner. Really, it should be ignored.

From a PR point of view, Rangers fans trooping along to a football fan version of couples counselling could be quite damaging if it is reported in the media. It risks making the support the story when really it is the ownership of the club that should be in the spotlight.

It's unfortunate, but any fanbase as big as ours will have an element that drags it down. Meetings such as this won't change that.

This isn't black and white, forgetting whether you trust the board or not there's clearly division over the season ticket issue, especially if the 20k rumours have any merit. You mentioned the RST as being a mature group yet a forum heavily associated with them has had users calling people who have renewed 'scum', 'idiots' etc. So the bad tone hasn't all come from one 'side'.

The meeting may end up being a waste of time and if so there probably won't be another, but it's well intended. Yet you're writing it off before it's even taken place and are getting all high and mighty about some groups being so much better than others.

You've just proved my point on all of this. Pandering to a small minority of gutter wrenches. It doesn't matter what forum they post on, the name calling comes form a tiny minority and each of them deserves one another. I've seen name calling on every forum and social media outlet, and the common theme is that they're in a small minority and it is the same people time and gain popping up.

I've clocked cranks name call on Facebook then ten minutes later indulge in the same behaviour on Twitter. More often than not I have been able to figure who they are on forums because they stand out.

I tend to agree with this. The extremist fringe is being acknowledged for being unable to conduct itself in an adult manner. Really, it should be ignored.

From a PR point of view, Rangers fans trooping along to a football fan version of couples counselling could be quite damaging if it is reported in the media. It risks making the support the story when really it is the ownership of the club that should be in the spotlight.

It's unfortunate, but any fanbase as big as ours will have an element that drags it down. Meetings such as this won't change that.

Of course our support are in the spotlight, that's unavoidable when we have campaigns for ST money to be withheld. When I mentioned to a non-Rangers fan that I'd renewed my ticket I was called a scab, in a joking manner but point is people will be more than aware about our support being divided

It's almost promoting the idea of division when the focus should be elsewhere.

I'd say there is general unity behind an unhappiness with now the board go about their business.

The small group who broadly support the board with disproportionate voice will continue to do so, in the way they do so regardless of what happens tomorrow. They are free to their opinion.

IMO in general our support have very little vision (with honourable exceptions) and too often go down the wrong road, time it badly and/or don't think things through.

We like to point the finger of blame elsewhere but have a lot to answer for ourselves.

Edited by buster.

Agenda for Tomorrow’s Fans Meeting at The Louden Tavern: Ibrox Stadium – At 1pm

Intent of tomorrow’s meeting:

We would like to make an attempt to bring civility back to the Rangers Support and thrash out a ‘code of conduct’ for how fans interact with each other online and in real life.

It has been a hard time for the support as different views about what is best for the club are prevalent but this isn’t about protests, boycotts, supporting the board or anything else. It is purely about Rangers Supporters meeting and finding a way to give each other the respect a Rangers Supporter should have with one another. This is not about who is right and who is wrong – it is about the support moving forward and people with differing views being able to speak to each other in a civil manner.

We believe that by analysing some of the issues our support have we can look at what triggers any potential animosity and therefore find possible solutions to allow our support to engage in progressive debate.

Agenda:

• Introductions

• Where we as a support are:

o What the perception is

o What do we believe the reality is: i.e. Real life v Online

• Possible reasons for any issues between the Rangers Support that we can have an influence on

o does our own behaviour contribute to any possible splits

o Specifically what triggers issues that you have.

• What can we do to minimise the hostility and have civil, productive debate.

o Should we come up with a voluntary ‘code of conduct’?

 What specifically should that entail

 What should be the actions to those who do not hold themselves to such standards

o Is there any other potential solutions?

• AOCB

Rules/Guidelines:

• No shouting out without the microphone

• No personal abuse of anyone

• Do not mention any other groups (you can mention your own and speak in general terms)

• We will be discussing what fans can do – There will be no discussion of the current politics of the club (i.e. Board, STs, or Dave King etc).

• Be constructive

• Be patient – everyone will get their say.

Groups that have agreed to send representation include:

Bridgeton Loyal

Kinning Park Loyal

New Livingston RSC

Rangers Chat

Rangers Media

Rangers Supporters Trust

Seventy2 Magazine

Sons of Struth

Union Bears

Vanguard Bears

WATP Magazine

WATP Podcast

The meeting is open to all members of The Rangers Family and if you want to come along please just let us know beforehand (although no one will be turned away). We also have a number of individuals attending representing themselves

Edited by WATP_Greg

It should also be noted that we appreciate Gersnet attempted to get someone along to the meeting but personal circumstances meant it was not possible

PM me about this please Greg.