Would like to hear what fellow Bears expect next season. Obviously the journey back up the leagues was supposed to be a gimmie and we didn't foresee hearts and Hibs standing in the way. Hearts are on the rebuilding and Hibs are about to make changes.....An article on here a few weeks ago had Ally saying he fears Hibs, sorry but we should never be fearing them.

We had a good Scottish cup run this year but id not worry about that this year and put all efforts into the league.

Still cant believe we didt pick up the Ramsden's and I cant see there being big interest in that this year.

I don't think Ally is the right manager, he should be at the club in some capacity but not on the training field and If im honest I don't think it will be easy next season.

What can our manager possibly do differently to what he has done for the last few seasons? This theory that Ally will get it right 'round the next corner' is just nonsense. Is anyone really getting excited thinking that Ally will, all of a sudden, get it right next season? I'm afraid to say it will be exactly the same tired, stale approach.

Hearts have achieved in half a season what we have failed to achieve over the last two seasons i.e. hit rock bottom, but then get a bunch of kids together into a fighting unit playing exciting football (then ironically sack the manager).

I hope and pray that we change our management team. The place would come alive again with renewed hope and optimism. But let's be honest - it ain't going to happen is it? I'm sorry for the gloom and doom prediction, but it's what our current management team do for me. In over 40 years of following my Club I've never felt this way approaching a new season.

What can our manager possibly do differently to what he has done for the last few seasons? This theory that Ally will get it right 'round the next corner' is just nonsense. Is anyone really getting excited thinking that Ally will, all of a sudden, get it right next season? I'm afraid to say it will be exactly the same tired, stale approach.

Hearts have achieved in half a season what we have failed to achieve over the last two seasons i.e. hit rock bottom, but then get a bunch of kids together into a fighting unit playing exciting football (then ironically sack the manager).

I hope and pray that we change our management team. The place would come alive again with renewed hope and optimism. But let's be honest - it ain't going to happen is it? I'm sorry for the gloom and doom prediction, but it's what our current management team do for me. In over 40 years of following my Club I've never felt this way approaching a new season.

Oomph....fair one. So you don't think we will win the league next season?

I expect us to drop a lot more points. We finished this season with 102 points and a massive 39 point void between ourselves and Dunfermline, but there's no chance of us winning by that sort of margin next season.

We absolutely must get automatic promotion and preferably very comfortably too.

Any decent Cup run/s will be a bonus.

Promotion is the only thing that matters and as others have said before me it's far from a gimmie. Avoiding Celtic again in the cups too is a must. Absolutely dread going up against them or most other top flight teams with our current management team. I think we could end up in the playoffs and wouldnt be confident about getting out them

Hope or expect?

I would hope we will see player purchases and form improvement to a level that we will look like spl title contenders if not favorites by the end of the season.

I expect savage cuts and mediocrity in dangerous quantities.

Failure to win promotion would underline the belief that many have that Rangers are not going to recover. It would make Berwick '67 seem like a non-story. It would be catastrophic.

If Hearts with a team of youngsters pip a more elderly Rangers to the post, McCoist will be subjected to an unprecedented level of criticism.

Rangers have to win promotion to avoid the calamity of further decline. If it doesn't happen, and the ownership question is still a running sore, not only will Celtic cruise to umpteen consecutive titles, the appeal of Rangers will diminish even further.

We have ringside seats to watch a once great sporting institution resurrecting itself or gradually crumbling and falling. Regrettably, our fate is in the hands of the uninvited few and not the resident many, but even now, this is how most want it to be.

We live in interesting times - extraordinarily interesting times.

Hope or expect?

I would hope we will see player purchases and form improvement to a level that we will look like spl title contenders if not favorites by the end of the season.

I expect savage cuts and mediocrity in dangerous quantities.

It's the only option this board have and that is presuming that they get fresh investment in to finance the cuts and enough ST money to keep the lights on.

As regards League performance, it's difficult to say at this point in time.

Partly because of the Edinburgh clubs being in an uncertain place that leads to unpredictability but moreso down to our own 'Omnishambles' that is very much up in the air.

The proposed arrival of a 'football operations officer' or DoF might kick off a chain of evens that sees some significant change but this appointment and any subsequent actions (including pay-offs ?) will depend on their being enough money to fund them.