Ally's minimum five year target:

2014-2015………………………Championship champions

2015-2016………………………SPFL top two, one domestic trophy

2016-2017………………………SPFL top two, one domestic trophy, qualification from group stages of Europa League

2017-2018………………………SPFL champions, qualification from group stages of Europa League

2018-2019………………………SPFL champions, qualification into Champions League group stages

Im afraid of what to expect as I feel I will be sadly dissappointed , a decent standard of football , a degree of giving youth a chance with an eye on the next year , playing 2 up top home and away , its not too much to ask surely.

i expect mccoist to be found out and sacked. He does not have what it takes to be a football manager. Another season of substandard football is on the way and i very much doubt we will gain promotion under his leadership.

I think it's obvious to an objective viewpoint that last season's results of 33 wins and 3 draws in the league plus a Scottish Cup semi and Ramsden's final, while not guaranteeing success in the division above, certainly points to a very good chance at being highly competitive for the title, even before any player recruitment in the summer.

The fact that some are shitting their breeks with the presence of Hearts and Hibs, I doubt we'd have been happy recruiting many of the type of players in their Premiership squads even before they have drastically downsized and cut their cloth to suit their current financial position. These are two clubs who propped up the Premiership and while our squad has not quite reflected the cost of the wages, they have still generally recorded results like top half, top tier team, which is a step above the Edinburgh sides.

The gap between the other sides and us will be far less in the league next season and results will suffer with more draws and losses as a direct result, but in a marathon of a season, you'd expect even this smaller gap in quality to show through and for Rangers to top the table.

I'm not saying it will be pretty or progressive or very enjoyable to some, but I do predict that automatic promotion will be ours for the taking.

For me, our biggest handicap to overcome will not be the management team, but that of the mismanagement by the board and their dysfunctional relationship with the fans, which will probably affect signings, moral and the influence of the 12th man. The backdrop will not be lined by a feel-good factor - which could be something that the likes of Hearts exploit with their roadmap of fan ownership.

I think it's obvious to an objective viewpoint that last season's results of 33 wins and 3 draws in the league plus a Scottish Cup semi and Ramsden's final, while not guaranteeing success in the division above, certainly points to a very good chance at being highly competitive for the title, even before any player recruitment in the summer.

The fact that some are shitting their breeks with the presence of Hearts and Hibs, I doubt we'd have been happy recruiting many of the type of players in their Premiership squads even before they have drastically downsized and cut their cloth to suit their current financial position. These are two clubs who propped up the Premiership and while our squad has not quite reflected the cost of the wages, they have still generally recorded results like top half, top tier team, which is a step above the Edinburgh sides.

The gap between the other sides and us will be far less in the league next season and results will suffer with more draws and losses as a direct result, but in a marathon of a season, you'd expect even this smaller gap in quality to show through and for Rangers to top the table.

I'm not saying it will be pretty or progressive or very enjoyable to some, but I do predict that automatic promotion will be ours for the taking.

For me, our biggest handicap to overcome will not be the management team, but that of the mismanagement by the board and their dysfunctional relationship with the fans, which will probably affect signings, moral and the influence of the 12th man. The backdrop will not be lined by a feel-good factor - which could be something that the likes of Hearts exploit with their roadmap of fan ownership.

Nah, sorry Cal, but that just doesnt wash.

"Results like a top half, top tier team" ? Do you seriously believe that ? So because of the RESULTS we were getting it suggested that if you catapulted Rangers into the Premier League they would have been top half ? Sorry, but that suggestion is very much a stretch when you consider that the results were being obtained against teams from TWO divisions below the top tier. There is absolutely nothing to suggest that our results warrant us being considered a "top half, top tier team" - it is like comparing apples to oranges. There is no reasonable comparison when looking at our league results.

The only real comparison is when you meet teams from that same division you talk of - and we only played Dundee Utd from that league this season. Whilst we performed admirably we still lost 3-1 at home. That would be the only meaningful comparison.

It should be too early to talk about our league standing next season - Hibs just off-loaded a full team of players, Hearts will undoubtedly have major change and, as you say, the only thing consistent at Rangers these days is the inconsistency and the next mess that reesides just around the corner.... Once the window closes is the time to take stock of our chances - though we should be confident regardless, we are RANGERS after all.

I fully expect a comfortable league win, and here's why.

The players we have are good top tier level players, who have allowed their standards this season to slip as there was absolutely no competition. The added competitive nature of the two Edinburgh teams for the coming season will see our players know they will have to up their game, which they are perfectly capable of doing. Although there are teams called Hearts and Hibs in our league, they are unrecognisable from the Hearts and Hibs teams we played in the SPL last time we were there.

Hearts are full of kids that are not that good, hence the points total they achieved last season (even giving back the 15 they were deducted). On top of that they have got rid of their better players since the season ended, and will no doubt not be replacing them with anyone of pedigree to trouble us. Hibs are a dreadful side, and have just released 14 of their best players in a cost-cutting cull.

The other sides in our division like Alloa, Dumbarton, Cowdenbeath, will pose no threat to us, but hopefully they will try to play football against us and not just park the bus as every side has done to us the last two years.

With the opposition being a better standard, I would hope the standard of football will be better to watch, and not just glorified training sessions where we try, painfully at times, to break down teams that will not change formation or attack even when losing.

I expect us to win the league by between 15-25 points, pretty much the same difference as we would be ahead of good Hearts/Hibs teams if we were all in the top flight. I have heard we are 1/6 to win the title next season, although a quick check of all the bookies websites shows that no markets have been formed for the Scottish leagues yet (reconstruction anyone?!!) so we need to wait and see what the bookies think, and they are not usually too far wrong as last seasons 1/40 for us and the scum to each win our titles indicates.

Although like most I can see great faults in Ally's style of play, tactical nous, and choice of assistants to ahem, assist and advise him, I cant see us not winning this title comfortably. The two Edinburgh teams will fight it out for second/third and Falkirk/QoS battle it out for the last play off place, with Raith, Livvy, Alloa, Dumbarton, Cowdenbeath making up the numbers and looking to avoid relegation so as to get another crack at the (possibly) two Edinburgh clubs if they fail to win the play-offs.