Expectations for me are pretty low, hopes as usual are high. I must say I am fearful we will be "found out" as the poor team that we are and I am not at all convinced the Championship is our's to lose.

Of course I hope I will be proved wrong. But I won't be troubling my bookie with my hopes.

We shall see, as they say!

I thought Miller and Kris Boyd were near certain to sign? If they are signed, as retro as it appears, the Championship will be a canter.

No point having a gun with no ammunition. If we try to provide 'ammunition' like we have done up until now i.e. long ball punts, then even these 2 won't make too much of a difference.

You can never write off the likes of Hearts and Hibs but I get the impression they may be in a far worst state than us and without even our comparatively modest budget. Their managers have arguably done a worse job than even the poor opinion of McCoist's performance from his most ardent of critics.

I tend to agree with this for the reason that it often does teams good to take 2 steps back and get relegated, we've seen that down south with Newcastle to name a few, even teams like Leicester went 2 divisions back and have come back stronger. So for Hibs I can see them being slightly better than he have been this season. For Hearts it will depend on what activity they do in the transfer market but they are not going to be in as bad a situation as we was and will start a rebuilding job.

I would have said we would be favourites on paper but with Ally's style I could even see Falkirk giving us a go.

do we have any money to add to our playing squad or do we need to add maybe its time to let the coaches help bring on the youngsters .

TBH this should have been part of the plan in 2012. But whether Ally and his team would have got it right I am not so sure.

Post Christmas we really missed McLeod & Templeton.

With them back in the side and a real footballing challenge to face for the first time in a couple of years, I think you'll see better quality football, but more dropped points.

I'm sure we could win the league with the squad as it stands, albeit a mobile and skilful centre forward and a centre half with a bit more pace and poise would be welcome.

Might need to wait for Santa to get them though.

Rangers by a 12 point margin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While their is little real evidence to base any ranking or even prediction on next season, I would pretty much defend that our results last season were pretty consistent with what you'd expect from an SPL team that consistently finished say 4th to 6th.

The loss to Dundee Utd looked like two similar standard teams but with one having more practice against higher quality sides, and therefore took their chances better. This is also pretty consistent with my premise. A lesser team that has been pushed down the divisions from the top, like say Dunfermline, would be far less likely to romp the third tier like we did (as evidenced) or get to a semi of the cup and the final of the Ramsdens.

Cup games are one offs and depends on the opposition but getting to the latter stages, but along with the league form our form is again consistent with a better SPL team. Losing the semi and final is also not unusual and possibly shows a lack of being in the top three or four.

The loss in the League Cup again would not be unusual as the first game of the season especially when you throw in the embargo - which makes it an anomalous statistic which has little significance in any case.

I would say if you were profiling a team to fit our results, a fifth or sixth SPL team shoved into League One, wouldn't exactly be a bad fit.

To add to this you have our much complained about wage bill which while inflated due to being Rangers and being in a lower tier, still has some indication of quality, for which when you look at the type of player we have recruited, again would be consistent with a top half club.

With the absence of any real comparative data that can be relied upon, we ALL have to resort to a bit of hand waving and subjective and qualitative conjecture, and I don't think mine is exactly outrageous.

We will agree to disagree.

Using results from the THIRD tier to compare with TOP tier teams is an incredible stretch. You wont convince me otherwise.