oh we wont lose 12 million probably due to accountancy vodoo but be sure we will be 12 million worse off at least.

That sort of figure is going to be what's required from a share/rights issue very soon, maybe even more, but when the IPO money vanished so quickly it's difficult to imagine who will stump up the cash other than maybe Dave King if he's given the opportunity under the right conditions.

That sort of figure is going to be what's required from a share/rights issue, maybe even more, but when the IPO money vanished so quickly it's difficult to imagine who will stump up the cash other than maybe Dave King if he's given the opportunity under the right conditions.

Yes we will need those kind of numbers just to break even next year.

I've consigned myself to mediocrity for the foreseeable future. Obviously someone could appear and fling millions into the playing squad but to really fulfil the club's potential I think we are looking at £100m of pure investment. Then there's the price to buy a majority holding and have instant working capital.

I've consigned myself to mediocrity for the foreseeable future. Obviously someone could appear and fling millions into the playing squad but to really fulfil the club's potential I think we are looking at £100m of pure investment. Then there's the price to buy a majority holding and have instant working capital.

At the moment it feels as if we're heading for a lot worse than mediocrity unless we get massive investment.

Individuals will inevitably be concerned about the way things are and probably feel that there is little that they can do, but collectively we can't afford to sit and wait this out.

Anything, within reason, that we can do to make change happen should be done. We either drift into the future aimlessly while the club sheds assets and makes promises that it can't keep, or we do all that we can to bring this to a head sooner rather than later, and yes, there are risks attached.

The biggest risk off all is believing that things are going to return to normal simply because we are Rangers.

Individuals will inevitably be concerned about the way things are and probably feel that there is little that they can do, but collectively we can't afford to sit and wait this out.

Anything, within reason, that we can do to make change happen should be done. We either drift into the future aimlessly while the club sheds assets and makes promises that it can't keep, or we do all that we can to bring this to a head sooner rather than later, and yes, there are risks attached.

The biggest risk off all is believing that things are going to return to normal simply because we are Rangers.

Can you define "normal" please.

I have an idea of what you infer but do you mean a suatainable "normal", which in actual fact would be something very new.

Or running the club at a level that needed CL football to breakeven, which back in the day was normal.

Or does it simply refer to breaking the hold that the corporate sharks have on us ?

I'm coming to the conclusion that we are in so deep, so entrenched in spi.vdom, their 'onerous contracts', increasingly unhappy & scunnered support, no money, no-one prepared to pay the large sack of money that would be required........ that the outlook is very dark.

Financially, politically and socially we are in a bad way and I'm struggling to see how, after recent history and looking towards realistic prospects for Scottish football.............. we make a full recovery.

Edited by buster.