Can you define "normal" please.

I have an idea of what you infer but do you mean a suatainable "normal", which in actual fact would be something very new.

Or running the club at a level that needed CL football to breakeven, which back in the day was normal.

Or does it simply refer to breaking the hold that the corporate sharks have on us ?

I'm coming to the conclusion that we are in so deep, so entrenched in spi.vdom, their 'onerous contracts', increasingly unhappy & scunnered support, no money, no-one prepared to pay the large sack of money that would be required........ that the outlook is very dark.

Financially, politically and socially we are in a bad way and I'm struggling to see how, after recent history and looking towards realistic prospects for Scottish football.............. we make a full recovery.

'Normal' is probably perceived to mean being genuinely competitive with Celtic and predictably disappointing in Europe, but there has been an oft-stated view during this saga that we'll be back 'bigger and stronger', which I don't share at all.

Unless something unexpectedly positive happens, I think the club will fade from grace and decline. It's interesting to look at the dark days of the eighties when Rangers weren't competitive in the league and crowds were down. The club was in trouble and there was no light at the end of the tunnel, and then the Souness revolution came along.

We have to wonder what would have become of the club had a rebirth not happened. The support was passive and diminishing in number and there was nothing to suggest that anyone was going to help the club out. Apathy overtook the support as Rangers lost its way and without the advent of a spectacular new era, the club could have gone past the point of full recovery and drifted into mediocrity and a possible terminal decline.

Unfortunately, I share your gloomy outlook for Rangers. The revolution of fan ownership is essential for the club's long-term well-being, but a clued-up SDM-type figure might be required in the interim. If we continue with this regime in charge, the only reasonable outlook is a pessimistic one.

I see a parallel with Alien where the guy has one as a parasite on his face and its tail wrapped round his neck. Its defence mechanism relied on empathy where when it was threatened it started to choke its host to death and therefore could not be removed without killing their colleague.

God knows what they are impregnating into the club...

I see a parallel with Alien where the guy has one as a parasite on his face and its tail wrapped round his neck. Its defence mechanism relied on empathy where when it was threatened it started to choke its host to death and therefore could not be removed without killing their colleague.

God knows what they are impregnating into the club...

We do know what has impregnated the club , to quote "onerous contracts".

The first thing KIng would have to do upon getting control- IF he could ever get it - is seek a legal means to end contracts that should never have signed.

And that is just the stuff they have actually admitted to.

Are the police still investigating the possibility that there was a criminal aspect to the club's takeover?

If they are, and if there was, this would surely help in getting certain contracts rendered null and void.

Are the police still investigating the possibility that there was a criminal aspect to the club's takeover?

If they are, and if there was, this would surely help in getting certain contracts rendered null and void.

The amount of time spent on that BDO investigation is just ridiculous

but could it be to do with the Whyte/Withey court case that is due to be held in 2015?