Will ST sales ever reach the same heights - even with board changes?

So many season tickets have been sold in the past because it was 'what you did' every year and also an element of loyalty when the Club was down. Very few, if any, were still buying for the entertainment value. It was very much a habitual thing for a large number of us. You had your budget fixed every year to allow for it.

A huge assumption is being made (IMHO) that everyone will come back if the boardroom mess is sorted out. I have major doubts about that.

You see, I don't believe everyone has put the money aside for that eventuality. I think the poor uptake on Dave King's fund supports that theory. I don't think it was a mistrust of DK. People just want to see something for their money - instant gratification. Very few working class folks have that money to simply leave lying in a 'limbo' account.

I also KNOW of many who were seriously considering giving up the STs due to the perpetual lack of entertainment year on year. Taking that step to use the money for something else, e.g. a large contribution towards a family holiday, has been a huge decision for some. But like with anything habitual in life, once you break it life goes on. After a few months........if there is nothing there to entice you back....

I'm just interested in whether anyone believes we will hit the same heights again in sales? I firmly believe that boardroom change wouldn't be enough to win the people back.

So many season tickets have been sold in the past because it was 'what you did' every year and also an element of loyalty when the Club was down. Very few, if any, were still buying for the entertainment value. It was very much a habitual thing for a large number of us. You had your budget fixed every year to allow for it.

A huge assumption is being made (IMHO) that everyone will come back if the boardroom mess is sorted out. I have major doubts about that.

You see, I don't believe everyone has put the money aside for that eventuality. I think the poor uptake on Dave King's fund supports that theory. I don't think it was a mistrust of DK. People just want to see something for their money - instant gratification. Very few working class folks have that money to simply leave lying in a 'limbo' account.

I also KNOW of many who were seriously considering giving up the STs due to the perpetual lack of entertainment year on year. Taking that step to use the money for something else, e.g. a large contribution towards a family holiday, has been a huge decision for some. But like with anything habitual in life, once you break it life goes on. After a few months........if there is nothing there to entice you back....

I'm just interested in whether anyone believes we will hit the same heights again in sales? I firmly believe that boardroom change wouldn't be enough to win the people back.

An interesting analysis and one which I agree with.

At this stage it's impossible to second guess anyone's intentions. This means it must be very hard for the club to budget.

Can we reach 36,000 again though? Sure, no doubt about it - but only is a variety of issues are resolved in the future. Without such resolutions then half that figure may be a more realistic target for those running the club.

Bears giving up their season tickets after 30 years in protest, that's unparalleled. It's going to take something momentous to get these guys back. It can be done but it's going to take a while, i have always gone game by game, but when this board and hedge funds have gone, i'll buy a season ticket for me and my wee nephew who's ironically at this time is showing an interest in supporting our club. We must bring in the new generations to have any hope for the future.

Rangers may need to go through another Souness-type revolution to generate the kind of excitement and anticipation that will make lost souls return to the fold.

If, for example, Dave King won control of Rangers tomorrow, the feelgood factor would be compromised if he backed the present manager.

I believe we are a club in decline, and the longer that it takes to arrest the decline, the greater the damage will be and the more difficult it will be to repair it.

The term "a perfect storm" may be apt regarding our current situation, very much including the questions and motives surrounding the ongoing ST situation.

Every dynamic surrounding the ST situation except (blind) loyalty points to the word, no.