When the Brazilians turn it on, they really turn it on. They did so on occasion tonight, a shame that all three goals involved luck: first a ball in off the post after going through a defender's legs, second an undeserved penalty scored with a fair bit of luck on top of that, and the third from a Brazilian counter attack (sic!) and being fortuitously "toe-poked" (as we say) in. They can do much better in front of goals and should do, yet did not really threaten the Croat goal that much apart from these strikes.

The Croats played some rather composed and good stuff all night long. Sure not of the ability class of the Brazilians, but rather neat passing and attacking still.

Stewards enquiry

Steward's Enquiry perfectly right to be called for.

I'm sure that Zappa will instigate one immediately. After all, he hit full points last night too.

BACKGROUND TO ENQUIRY:

Gersnet Mini League:

Five on full points (3 points) as follows: Bluebear54; Ser Barristan Selmy; Steve1872; Time4Change; Zappa.

Full League:

Looks like 24,578 playing in all. I'm sitting in position 631, with 5111 having gained full points last night, so some competition

Brazilian Supporters League:

Must have just put me in automatically - not something I did intentionally - I'm sitting in 24th position.

All too early to call - the Spain match will sort more than a few tonight - as will the Cameroon match. AAMOI has anyone had a look at the more esoteric side of the rules? Think I'll have a wee look sometime today.

Good fun and games. and adds some zest to keeping up with the more turgid games.

Edited by bluebear54

I was right to mention how light Brazil are in midfield and attack. Fred in attack is pitiful, Paulinho and Gustavo aren't the level past teams have had and Hulk seems to be anonymous most times I watch him.

Their full backs are terrific going forward but pretty weak defensively and Luiz is weak at CH, far better in midfield. They will definitely get beaten by Spain, Germany etc.

In terms of midfield and attack, it's only Oscar and Neymar that are the calibre of the Brazils of years gone by. Perhaps Luiz too if he was played in midfield.

I was right to mention how light Brazil are in midfield and attack. Fred in attack is pitiful, Paulinho and Gustavo aren't the level past teams have had and Hulk seems to be anonymous most times I watch him.

Their full backs are terrific going forward but pretty weak defensively and Luiz is weak at CH, far better in midfield. They will definitely get beaten by Spain, Germany etc.

In terms of midfield and attack, it's only Oscar and Neymar that are the calibre of the Brazils of years gone by. Perhaps Luiz too if he was played in midfield.

Be careful with Brazil,........they do have a very influential player who dresses in black.

The weight of expectation on the shoulders of that Brazil team was massive. When an early own is added to that, they did extremely well to come back to win as they did. That will have settled the nerves for the remainder of the group games.

Brazil wont win it going by last night. Too many weak links. Alves gets caught out a lot defensively. Nowhere near the standard of Brazilian teams from years gone by

Worst Brazil side in my lifetime. They'll qualify but will not win and will be extrmely lucky to reach the final.