Will do Slinger,and who know's I may even catch the game on the 23rd.Fingers crossed it's somewhere in BC.:bouncy2:

Sorry wasp,

I just called Jake at the ticket office and he has confirmed that the game on the 23rd July, kick-off 7 p.m., is against the Ottawa Fury FC at Lansdowne Park, Ottawa (the old Ottawa Roughriders park of the CFL).

They are a newly formed team in the NASL, and played their first game on Feb. 26 2014. They are currently placed 8th, pld 7 pts 7, in a ten team league.

I think the NASL is a higher league than the USL. Hopefully they are at least on a par with Dunfermline etc.

Their two nearest neighbours are the Montreal Impact and Toronto FC, both of whom are in the MLS.

Full name

Ottawa Fury FC

Founded

Stadium

TD Place Stadium and

Keith Harris Stadium

Ottawa, Ontario

Stadium capacity

24,000 and 3,044

Owner

Ottawa Sports and Entertainment Group (OSEG)

President

John Pugh

Head Coach

Marc Dos Santos

League

North American Soccer League

Sorry wasp,

I just called Jake at the ticket office and he has confirmed that the game on the 23rd July, kick-off 7 p.m., is against the Ottawa Fury FC at Lansdowne Park, Ottawa (the old Ottawa Roughriders park of the CFL).

They are a newly formed team in the NASL, and played their first game on Feb. 26 2014. They are currently placed 8th, pld 7 pts 7, in a ten team league.

I think the NASL is a higher league than the USL. Hopefully they are at least on a par with Dunfermline etc.

Their two nearest neighbours are the Montreal Impact and Toronto FC, both of whom are in the MLS.

Full name

Ottawa Fury FC

Founded

Stadium

TD Place Stadium and

Keith Harris Stadium

Ottawa, Ontario

Stadium capacity

24,000 and 3,044

Owner

Ottawa Sports and Entertainment Group (OSEG)

President

John Pugh

Head Coach

Marc Dos Santos

League

North American Soccer League

Well with Ottawa being a first year team,this should be a safe fixture (even Edmonton beat them) but with McSalary in charge, who knows?:basher:

Strange that Rangers haven't announced the Ottawa Fury game tonight along with the others if it's confirmed?

Strange that Rangers haven't announced the Ottawa Fury game tonight along with the others if it's confirmed?

He said that it would be announced in the next few days. When I told him that our NARSA club might run a bus to the game ( that`s an eleven hour drive ), he said what the hell and took my email addr. to let me know the block-booking details. Everybody wants to make sure they don`t miss out on the bucks !!!

Edited by barca72

Glamorous trip but as mentioned earlier a more high profile opposition would have been good even if it was an English side.

Didn't Ally take the team to Germany the other summer and played against part time opposition there also? I know Pre-season is about fitness and preparation but it should also be an internal test to see how is ready for the league to start, Im not sure how it can give him a good view on how his squad will perform.

Id have also thought an Ibrox tournament would have been arranged for a bit of a money maker. With teams like AC Milan, Hamburg, Newcastle and Linfield being potential opposition.

Glamorous trip but as mentioned earlier a more high profile opposition would have been good even if it was an English side.

Didn't Ally take the team to Germany the other summer and played against part time opposition there also? I know Pre-season is about fitness and preparation but it should also be an internal test to see how is ready for the league to start, Im not sure how it can give him a good view on how his squad will perform.

Id have also thought an Ibrox tournament would have been arranged for a bit of a money maker. With teams like AC Milan, Hamburg, Newcastle and Linfield being potential opposition.

I agree with you about the tournament. But there again, I get to see the Mighty Glasgow Rangers this year, the first game for my wee bride since the Scottish Cup final in 1973, the Tom Forsyth goal; so I have to be thankful for small mercies !!