What sort of shape are Italy in? Anyone know. Gone are the days of the Viallias, Schillaccis, Rossis, Maldinis and Baresis etc etc. They have seemed very light up front in recent years or is that more indicative of Italian mentality as a whole, just more tight and defensive minded?

What sort of shape are Italy in? Anyone know. Gone are the days of the Viallias, Schillaccis, Rossis, Maldinis and Baresis etc etc. They have seemed very light up front in recent years or is that more indicative of Italian mentality as a whole, just more tight and defensive minded?

I don't think the league situation or players can judge Italy, they seem to turn up and still perform - Winners 2006 and final Euro 2012. They know how to go to tournaments and perform. But they are capable of also the odd slip up.

They have Rossi up front who is better than anyone England have. He has really bad injury problems though. Hence why he plays for Fiorentina instead of a team like Barca or Real.

The Rossi i meant was the real one mate! From decades ago. :D

Baggio's x 2, Donadoni's, Del Piero's....players who know how to perform. Buffon is still there though.

I think if they want to get out of the group they will probably have to beat Italy in their first game.

I fancy Uruguay to beat England and for Italy and Uruguay to be happy with a draw in the last game if it qualifies them both.

However I'll probably be putting a tenner on the draw for Italy v England.

a tenner? get the mortgage on it mate. 0-0 written all over it;

Brazil will beat Spain again i think. They absolutely slaughtered the best Spain team of all time in the Confederations Final and i can see them doing it again. They blew Spain away with the type of football Spain had been doing to other teams.