I hope they get hoofed in all the games they play in. Seeing the teams and the manager of England has just made me realise how much I have ventured from being a football sponge to knowing nothing about football apart from Rangers. I couldn't tell you who is the manager of 1 international team except Scotland and Holland.( I just read Hodgeson on this thread) I just don't watch any other football these days except for Rangers and the Dutch League. I will hear on the Dutch news how the WC is going but i doubt i will be watching many games.

I just can't see past Brazil.

Not been beaten in a competitive match at home for 40 years?!

Now that's a record!!

6 out of 19 world cups have had the hosts win, the law of averages may say its time for that to happen again especially given its Brazil. But like SC mentioned yesterday about the Italians this Brazilian side doesn't have a Pele, Zico, Romario, Rivaldo, Ronaldo, Ronaldinho......So I can see Argentina, Spain and Germany beating them if / when they come up against them.

6 out of 19 world cups have had the hosts win, the law of averages may say its time for that to happen again especially given its Brazil. But like SC mentioned yesterday about the Italians this Brazilian side doesn't have a Pele, Zico, Romario, Rivaldo, Ronaldo, Ronaldinho......So I can see Argentina, Spain and Germany beating them if / when they come up against them.

They are very light in midfield and attack, this must be the poorest squad they have ever had.

They are very light in midfield and attack, this must be the poorest squad they have ever had.

Not sure mate, this is a pretty decent bunch who have came through the ranks together. The last few World Cups they have been very very disappointing. I think they are going to surprise a few people. Ramires, Oscar, Willian, Fernandinho, Paulinho, Hernanes and ex Bayern midfielder Gustavo. I wouldn't call that light mate, it's probably as strong as any other team in the competition man for man.

Up front it may be light compared to what they have had in the past but Neymar, Hulk and A Nother(Jo/Fred) have all been working well together.

Montilivo? That is the horrible little rat from Fiorentina, (now Milan?) who wiped the shite off his shoulders on the run up to his penalty against us. I think.

Thats the one mate....... still wouldnt wish that on the guy :D

I think England will be lucky to get as far as a quarter final.

I'm tipping Argentina to win the tournament.

Goalkeepers: Sergio Romero (Monaco), Mariano Andujar (Catania), Agustin Orion (Boca Juniors).

Defenders: Federico Fernandez (Napoli), Ezequiel Garay (Benfica), Martin Demichelis (Manchester City), Pablo Zabaleta (Manchester City), Marcos Rojo (Sporting Lisbon), Jose Basanta (Monterrey), Hugo Campagnaro (Inter Milan), Nicolas Otamendi (Atletico Mineiro).

Midfielders: Fernando Gago (Boca Juniors), Ever Banega (Newell's Old Boys), Augusto Fernandez (Celta Vigo), Javier Mascherano (Barcelona), Angel Di Maria (Real Madrid), Lucas Biglia (Lazio), Maxi Rodriguez (Newell's Old Boys), Ricardo Alvarez (Inter Milan), Enzo Perez (Benfica), Jose Sosa (Atletico Madrid).

Forwards: Sergio Aguero (Manchester City), Gonzalo Higuain (Napoli), Lionel Messi (Barcelona), Ezequiel Lavezzi (Paris Saint-Germain), Rodrigo Palacio (Inter Milan).

Cracking front line the Argies but i am not convinced they can keep better teams out at the back.

I'm not sure if it matters too much. They probably have the strongest squad in the tournament and with the sort of midfield and attacking players that could destroy most teams, it's hard to imagine they won't go far in the tournament. You just never know though!