England giving Ecuador a decent game. Oh, wait. It should be the other way round, shouldn't it?

2 - 2 with minutes to go.

I wonder how much the Ecuador national team would cost to buy in a job lot, except Valencia, whom we couldn't afford.

Spain are 13/2. Tempted to bet very large.

Spain wont repeat. You can quote me on that one :P

Our household has Argentina (my 9yr old son); Brazil (the wife) and I took Germany - I think the winner will come from those 3 with Uruguay being a dark horse for me.

In all seriousness you can never discount Spain but I just don't think they will win it out there.

The elite have won with all the big teams being there. ;)

It depends if the draw see's some of the European clubs play in the south as the tournament goes on, which will be a bit cooler. Spain should adapt ok as their climate is warm in general.

Come on Gribz, you should know better than that being in Singapore. Heat is not the issue - a dry heat (which European nations tend to suffer) is far more comfortable than a humid heat (which you guys and us in Bermuda get). trying to catch breath in humidity is almost impossible.

That said, they are all pros and most of, even, the South American teams are al plying their trade in Europe these days. I don't think the Continent will have a HUGE impact, other than Brazil being the home nation.

Come on Gribz, you should know better than that being in Singapore. Heat is not the issue - a dry heat (which European nations tend to suffer) is far more comfortable than a humid heat (which you guys and us in Bermuda get). trying to catch breath in humidity is almost impossible.

That said, they are all pros and most of, even, the South American teams are al plying their trade in Europe these days. I don't think the Continent will have a HUGE impact, other than Brazil being the home nation.

Southern Spain in the summer is hot and has humidity, ok not at the level as some areas in Brazil, but we're talking the 6th largest country in the world so different parts will have less humidity. My point being they are more likely to adapt to a humid heat more than likes of England.

What is Hodgson thinking playing Stones and Flanagan a week before the first game when neither are in the squad. I see the experience thing but so close to a WC opener? The experience thing also can be a waste, Walcott went to Germany 2006 as a 16 year old and hasn't featured in a WC since.

Stones and Flanagan should be in the squad ahead of Smalling and Jones.

Englands plan B showed they could get cuffed at the WC against a decent side.

One plus side for England is this doesn't seem to be a good Italian team at all, their preparations have been awful. 0-0 with Ireland and 1-1 with Luxembourg.

Edited by Gribz

Paddy Power is doing that with England at 100/1

Ha. At least with Brazil there's a very good chance of winning.

On the topic of England, I think they'll surprise a few people with how far they go.