0-0 with Honduras, and Hodgson started with his likely XI against Italy. If he plays that team then their world cup could be over this time next week.

England finally get a left sided player (Lallana) who gets moved to the right to accommodate Welbeck who is a striker.

Cant read too much into friendlies as players don't get out of 2nd gear but tactically Woy is going to get it wrong.

There's been quite a few weak international tournaments in recent years but I can't wait for the world cup. It will be a spectacle.

I agree, we are due a top class entertaining World Cup. 2010 was pretty disappointing and 2006 wasn't the best.

I think the draw is fantastic and the fact its in a proper footballing nation with a carnival atmosphere it could be an all time classic event.

Still cant choose a winner. With Reus being ruled out for Germany I put Spain and Argentina slight ahead of them now.

England will squeeze out their group, limp into the quarters and fail to get any further.

All about expectations - getting to quarters is a decent achievement for them.

The amount of world class players who are out of the World Cup is growing by the day. I can't see this one being anything exciting although it has to be better than the 2010 one.

The amount of world class players who are out of the World Cup is growing by the day. I can't see this one being anything exciting although it has to be better than the 2010 one.

Are there any world class players missing it? There's a few good ones but world class? Who is out mate?

I guess it's all down to interpretation of the term. Falcao maybe yes, Reus probably, not sure about the other two.

Ribery came 3rd (ahead of Falcao) for the Ballon D'or.