FAir enough, pmu - I missed fully answering that aspect in my previous reply as I think the main question is the important one. So, in this case - and I say this despite being "on the side" of the uof - the lack of transparency is actually very transparent as, were the numbers high, we surely would have heard.

Not trying to muddy the waters at all. I think both sides are managing just fine without my keyboard hitting prowess!

Sadly true and hopefully my last response did not accuse you of any said muddying and compensated for my previous one implying it .

Call me a cynic, but the season starts at the end of July. STs will be on sale till then and after. While people sure want to know all and everything, do they expect that the club gives a weekly update on the sales ... which would essentially and potentially only give the board's detractors more ammunition? Do people really expect that?

People will sure get my pragmatic look on this wrong again. What I am saying is that no club is required to announce any such figure to the public unless it wants to. We are apparently bound to tell the stock market et al if the sales and thus the financial basis become a peril to the club's finances. But still, the stock market does not require a weekly update, one given close to the start of the season will most likely suffice. Likewise, while it is most likely true that the ST sales are the lifeblood of our finances, we have no clue whatsoever what the board is setting into motion (or not) beyond ST sales, things that will sate the stock market folk.

We sure all want to know about the current financial state of the club, yet likewise it would do well to stay a touch more unemotional about this.

der Berliner - I am coming dangerously close to agreeing with you for once. (I know, I am sorry - I promise I won't do it again).

There is a larger question behind all this "what are the season ticket numbers now?" questioning - and that is, how much do these numbers actually matter? With season ticket sales of 38 and 36,000 over the last two years we ran out of money/burned through tens of millions of other dosh (which we now don't have to re-burn, as it were). So, even if every season ticket were sold by the end of next week it wouldn't really solve anything. We'd still run out of money. Perhaps after Xmas rather than before, but we would still be Donald Ducked.

der Berliner - I am coming dangerously close to agreeing with you for once. (I know, I am sorry - I promise I won't do it again).

I reckon once we talk about football, we will have more to agree upon.

As for the topic at hand ...

Our club at this moment and time will run on a loss. No matter what we do or how we turn it, our regular income will not meet what we have to pay. We ran at a loss for decades, but were bailed out by rich people, CL income and whatnot. Right now, we have neither, whether that will change is unknown. One can always look at it from the worst possible angle, whether that will come to pass is pure conjecture though. At football clubs, "everything" is possible. We had the "worst possible everything" a couple of years ago, whether that lightning will strike twice is anyone's guess.

Right now I try to remain pragmatic about all this, which in some people's eyes apparently look like "pro-boardish". As far as I am concerned, the current board looks to have a plan set before them and appears to do its job properly. It is being hindered by the constant attacks of various people who want to get clarification about deeds and money the current board has hardly anything to do with or - more importantly - can do anything about. It has to work with the status quo of December 2013 and thereafter. The renewal "boycott" and constant questioning of its abilities and the club's finances likewise work very much against the stability of the club. Again, just looking pragmatically at the club under the assumption that the current board tries to do its work. One of the greatest problem it is having is that it needs time to set this "review plan" in motion, as it won't be done over a fortnight. In that respect it is somewhat bizarre that the slow ST sale could actually mean that the board is required to do unwanted stuff (both by them and the support) with Auchenhowie et al. Of course, we have to wait and see whether this actually comes to pass or whether they make these 43m shares available sooner rather than later. Many ifs and buts and next to no answers.

I reckon once we talk about football, we will have more to agree upon.

As for the topic at hand ...

Our club at this moment and time will run on a loss. No matter what we do or how we turn it, our regular income will not meet what we have to pay. We ran at a loss for decades, but were bailed out by rich people, CL income and whatnot. Right now, we have neither, whether that will change is unknown. One can always look at it from the worst possible angle, whether that will come to pass is pure conjecture though. At football clubs, "everything" is possible. We had the "worst possible everything" a couple of years ago, whether that lightning will strike twice is anyone's guess.

Right now I try to remain pragmatic about all this, which in some people's eyes apparently look like "pro-boardish". As far as I am concerned, the current board looks to have a plan set before them and appears to do its job properly. It is being hindered by the constant attacks of various people who want to get clarification about deeds and money the current board has hardly anything to do with or - more importantly - can do anything about. It has to work with the status quo of December 2013 and thereafter. The renewal "boycott" and constant questioning of its abilities and the club's finances likewise work very much against the stability of the club. Again, just looking pragmatically at the club under the assumption that the current board tries to do its work. One of the greatest problem it is having is that it needs time to set this "review plan" in motion, as it won't be done over a fortnight. In that respect it is somewhat bizarre that the slow ST sale could actually mean that the board is required to do unwanted stuff (both by them and the support) with Auchenhowie et al. Of course, we have to wait and see whether this actually comes to pass or whether they make these 43m shares available sooner rather than later. Many ifs and buts and next to no answers.

that is just nonsense.

The numbers that should interest the Board are the thousands who have not renewed. That should be their concern, and the question they should be asked is why are you not doing more to promote sales?

This is a strange one. Why is there no selling of the club for season books? No sales pitches, widespread advertising, no signings, no movements within the club, it all points to no money i think.