Right now I try to remain pragmatic about all this, which in some people's eyes apparently look like "pro-boardish". As far as I am concerned, the current board looks to have a plan set before them and appears to do its job properly. It is being hindered by the constant attacks of various people who want to get clarification about deeds and money the current board has hardly anything to do with or - more importantly - can do anything about. It has to work with the status quo of December 2013 and thereafter. The renewal "boycott" and constant questioning of its abilities and the club's finances likewise work very much against the stability of the club. Again, just looking pragmatically at the club under the assumption that the current board tries to do its work. One of the greatest problem it is having is that it needs time to set this "review plan" in motion, as it won't be done over a fortnight. In that respect it is somewhat bizarre that the slow ST sale could actually mean that the board is required to do unwanted stuff (both by them and the support) with Auchenhowie et al. Of course, we have to wait and see whether this actually comes to pass or whether they make these 43m shares available sooner rather than later. Many ifs and buts and next to no answers.

How do you square that paragraph with a recent previous post of yours where you stated that you don't trust the board ?

:woohoo:

I reckon once we talk about football, we will have more to agree upon.

I yearn for the days when I discussed Rangers FOOTBALL club on the internet rather than everything we have had to go through for what seems like decades. I'm beginning to think we'll never get back to those days though.

Not sure what the UofF could do, if they were given precise details of season ticket sales. If the bloke who believes that the board has a plan was prepared to share his understanding of what their plan is, that would be really helpful to those of us who haven't a clue of the ingredients of their plan.

13k last thursday i think.

Where did you here that if you don't mind me asking?

Are you talking about Thursday just passed, so the 29th?

If true, then 13k is a hell of a lot less than 20k and it's very worrying indeed.

Where did you here that if you don't mind me asking?

Are you talking about Thursday just passed, so the 29th?

If true, then 13k is a hell of a lot less than 20k and it's very worrying indeed.

That figure was posted on FF....but then again, there have been many other totals posted on there. It was said to have come from 'a concerned TO staff member'.

That figure was posted on FF....but then again, there have been many other totals posted on there. It was said to have come from 'a concerned TO staff member'.

If it's true (and that's a big IF!), then no wonder the staff member is concerned because if only 13k season tickets have been sold then every member of staff at the Club should be worried about their job security.

I still say a very significant number aren't renewing ST's due to the dire standard of football we endured towards the end of last season. Whether a couple of decent signings would persuade people remains to be seen along with whether this board see McCoist as the manager they want when we return to the top division

I still say a very significant number aren't renewing ST's due to the dire standard of football we endured towards the end of last season. Whether a couple of decent signings would persuade people remains to be seen along with whether this board see McCoist as the manager they want when we return to the top division

It is definitely a factor but no-one can be sure how much of a factor it is.

I'm aware of quite a few who are bored rigid watching Rangers under Ally and they won't become regulars again until the football operation is taken seriously.

People who are honest with themselves know that the day out at Ibrox is awful and they see no reason to keep paying to be a part of something that they no longer enjoy.

Some of them won't easily be tempted back either. Other interests get taken up and returning to Ibrox starts to look like a luxury too far.