I still say a very significant number aren't renewing ST's due to the dire standard of football we endured towards the end of last season. Whether a couple of decent signings would persuade people remains to be seen along with whether this board see McCoist as the manager they want when we return to the top division

The reasons are immaterial.

If there is a poor uptake of season tickets, the board(s) are the ones charged with either finding a solution which sees an increase in those numbers, or attracting alternative sources of revenue to cover for it.

It's that simple.

I still say a very significant number aren't renewing ST's due to the dire standard of football we endured towards the end of last season. Whether a couple of decent signings would persuade people remains to be seen along with whether this board see McCoist as the manager they want when we return to the top division

If they do we would all be as well chucking it now.

i think very very few would not renew after 3 years of ally solely for that reason. i suspect every person who hasn't renewed has done so at least in part because of the board.

The football at the Club's been pretty mediocre for almost decade despite our spurts of success.

I would imagine the boardroom antics, musical chairs, the gravy train culture, directors trying to intimidate fans, treating fans with contempt and like mugs as well as wasting absolutely huge amounts of money on two seasons in the lower leagues will definitely be playing on a lot of minds.

The Club only has a couple of months of wages and bills to pay before our season kicks off, so even with such low renewal numbers it can probably scrape through this period, but getting through next season is starting to look like a real concern unless there's some pretty serious investment.

that is just nonsense.

If you are going to call something nonsense then you do really have to say why you think that. Makes your post even worse nonsense I am afraid.

The football at the Club's been pretty mediocre for almost decade despite our spurts of success.

I would imagine the boardroom antics, musical chairs, the gravy train culture, directors trying to intimidate fans, treating fans with contempt and like mugs as well as wasting absolutely huge amounts of money on two seasons in the lower leagues will definitely be playing on a lot of minds.

The Club only has a couple of months of wages and bills to pay before our season kicks off, so even with such low renewal numbers it can probably scrape through this period, but getting through next season is starting to look like a real concern unless there's some pretty serious investment.

Correct, the football was particularly bad in Eck's later seasons and also under Walter. With Walter we were very poor in possession (bar the tail end of 10/11) but still generally achieved success. The football now though is taking it to a whole new level. It's completely unwatchable and I feel you would really struggle to find many other teams that are as boring to watch. When we play I find it increasingly hard to concentrate and find looking at my phone more interesting. It also has to be factored in that we are not even playing professionals any more. We should be looking like world beaters against such poor opposition.

This past season is the first time since I was about 5 years old that I have not gone to a match. That had nothing to do with the board and was simply down to the disgraceful football.

Correct, the football was particularly bad in Eck's later seasons and also under Walter. With Walter we were very poor in possession (bar the tail end of 10/11) but still generally achieved success. The football now though is taking it to a whole new level. It's completely unwatchable and I feel you would really struggle to find many other teams that are as boring to watch. When we play I find it increasingly hard to concentrate and find looking at my phone more interesting. It also has to be factored in that we are not even playing professionals any more. We should be looking like world beaters against such poor opposition.

This past season is the first time since I was about 5 years old that I have not gone to a match. That had nothing to do with the board and was simply down to the disgraceful football.

How did you know that the football was disgraceful, if you never went to a match?

That is just nonsense, and is disrespectful to players who must fit their football around their need to earn a living outside the game.