Well surely if you are producing an alternative top which is to be bought in preference to the official shirt from the club store - then notwithstanding the amounts involved we are depriving the club of potential revenue ?

Perhaps you should ask yourself what has driven hundreds of people to take such drastic action.

There are big questions Zap - to be honest I think question 3 in my article is far more of a bigger question than the amounts from shirts' date='.[/quote']

Indeed, but I'd still like to know how much the Club gets from shirt sales and why the RST's so-called protest shirts are likely to infringe on the Club's player transfer budget in any way.

It was explained to me in simple terms by a very clued up Bear, at the last home game. Which i will echo,

"There is a thread here to follow in our demise, it starts with Murray selling our club to the mercy of asset strippers, Whyte, who did as much damage as possible in a short time to rip out cash and moveable assets (Arsenal shares, PAYE and tax) Green then came in to strip us further before bolting, Merchandising contract, catering contracts etc, and to sell on the remaining big assets to hedge funds. Who then run the club with the board doing their bidding, whilst sucking us dry over a period before it ends with them selling or leaseback on the big assets Ibrox, Murray park, Albion car park, Edmiston House.

Sums it up perfectly.

Well surely if you are producing an alternative top which is to be bought in preference to the official shirt from the club store - then notwithstanding the amounts involved we are depriving the club of potential revenue ?

As far as I'm aware the Rangers Retail joint venture with Sports Direct has yet to provide the club with so much as a single penny and any dividend at all from Rangers Retail is purely in the gift of Sports Direct as in all matters financial Sports Direct's 49% outvotes Rangers 51%.

More of the same old from the OP including a wee dig at the RST. Why would SOS be worried about Ibrox & Auchenhowie? Could be that they know the incompetents are running out of sources for cash and adding 2+2, it ain't rocket science.

Well they dont seem too upset by it - we have just enjoyed a fairly amicable chat on Twitter regarding the article.

Perhaps its more of the "same old" from yourself - ever considered that ?

Strange you would describe an article advocating Fan Ownership as more of the "same old".

Indeed, but I'd still like to know how much the Club gets from shirt sales and why the RST's so-called protest shirts are likely to infringe on the Club's player transfer budget in any way.

Well you seem to be asking 2 questions

(1) The income the club gets from such sales - I dont know the figure, and it appears from some of the various stabs at it - neither do others on here. Its fine saying "I have read we get 70p" but that all depends on the veracity of the source.

(2) We know how essential merchandising is in the finance of our club - are you honestly saying that that you dont see that as impacting on all aspects of our club including transfer budgets ?

Well you seem to be asking 2 questions

(1) The income the club gets from such sales - I dont know the figure' date=' and it appears from some of the various stabs at it - neither do others on here. Its fine saying "I have read we get 70p" but that all depends on the veracity of the source.

(2) We know how essential merchandising is in the finance of our club - are you honestly saying that that you dont see that as impacting on all aspects of our club including transfer budgets ?[/quote']

1000 protest shirts sold. even if we assume that every one stopped and actual shirt sale which i can promise you isn't true in my case.

absolutely no affect what so ever.