In what way did you not agree with the concept for the current circumstances Zap ?

Mainly due to the design, but I also don't think the profit margin is good enough, since Nike are getting the Lion's share of the money.

Regarding the design, I know that the red & black scarves sold extremely well and were successful in raising a lot of money for the RFFF, so that's obviously where the decision to go for red & black shirts came from, but since we're now two years on and the money is for a different purpose and in different circumstances, then I would have tended to take a new fund-raising concept in a different direction entirely.

I don't want to be over critical though because at least these guys are getting off their backsides and doing something to raise funds for buying shares.

Not only that, but I don't think it's right to suggest that the red & black shirts are going to have a detrimental effect on the Club's ability to strengthen the playing squad because even if we overlook the unknown issues such as how much the Club gets for a shirt sale from Sports Direct, you're still only talking about 33 grand spent on a thousand red & black shirts or 66 grand spent on a couple of thousand. That's not the sort of money which will have any sort of effect at all on the Club's ability to strengthen the squad.

I find it hard to believe although I don't doubt it that any sane man would have agreed to a deal where the club got 70 pence a shirt sounds to old foggy someone somewhere got a backhander if that figure is correct

That's a question which actually does potentially have a connection to some of D'Arts work regarding GCC and land deals because acquiring ownership of streets and land in a certain triangle sealed the deal on a football club creating a street trader/vendor free zone around their stadium.

From what FTH have been pulling out of late I think they may well have a lot more to worry about than vendor free streets close to the stadium. :-))

I see Caroline Santos the new UKIP chairwoman/Borders has got her teeth into it. and has progressed it to the higher echelons within her party. Noticeable as well the increase of hostility towards pzj - although of course they are trying to dismiss him as some sort of crank.

Mainly due to the design, but I also don't think the profit margin is good enough, since Nike are getting the Lion's share of the money.

Regarding the design, I know that the red & black scarves sold extremely well and were successful in raising a lot of money for the RFFF, so that's obviously where the decision to go for red & black shirts came from, but since we're now two years on and the money is for a different purpose and in different circumstances, then I would have tended to take a new fund-raising concept in a different direction entirely.

I don't want to be over critical though because at least these guys are getting off their backsides and doing something to raise funds for buying shares.

Not only that, but I don't think it's right to suggest that the red & black shirts are going to have a detrimental effect on the Club's ability to strengthen the playing squad because even if we overlook the unknown issues such as how much the Club gets for a shirt sale from Sports Direct, you're still only talking about 33 grand spent on a thousand red & black shirts or 66 grand spent on a couple of thousand. That's not the sort of money which will have any sort of effect at all on the Club's ability to strengthen the squad.

Thats fair enough.

As you know I have spoken to Chris Graham re UOF strategy and delivery - and whilst I have not agreed with quite a bit of what has transpired I have said that to them directly, furthermore much of my criticism is around the acceding of so much power to King.

Whilst some are hostile to the UOF strategy it has to be remembered that it is probably the only effective strategy open to any group wishing to protest given the supports dis-enfranchisement over the years.

From what FTH have been pulling out of late I think they may well have a lot more to worry about than vendor free streets close to the stadium. :-))

I'm sure they do D'Art, but I do think it's worth considering how far back they were actually planning the creation of a vendor free zone in that triangle, especially when you consider the overall cost to the city of rehousing residents of certain streets in the triangle and their plans to demolish listed buildings and build superstores in their place.