Indeed but redundancies are expensive if your protected by tupe sometimes. Length of service and payouts even protected.

There would have been no expense to them once those costs had been clawed back in the same way as the purchase price was.

They could have reduced the staffing costs on day one if they were so minded. They didn't do so as it was just another way of keeping everyone sweet while the big con was put into place.

Hiding in plain sight.

The administrators from Duff & Phelps were the ones who should have reduced the Club's staffing costs during administration because they had complete authority to tear up contracts and make redundancies without pay-offs or severance packages.

The administrators from Duff & Phelps were the ones who should have reduced the Club's staffing costs during administration because they had complete authority to tear up contracts and make redundancies without pay-offs or severance packages.

There are many question marks over Duff & Phelps' handling of the whole process. I'm still convinced that they were just another one of the pigs feeding from the trough.

There are many question marks over Duff & Phelps' handling of the whole process.

There certainly are, but with regards to what I was saying, it's also worth pointing out that the administrators appeared to ditch/bin the fundamental principals of their job which was to try to rescue the 'company' as a going concern. That's the primary task of an administrator, but the ones Whyte somehow managed to get appointed simply didn't do their job properly for some unknown reason. Nobody wanted to see Club staff losing their jobs without the redundancy packages they would otherwise have been due, but the bottom line is that's exactly what should have happened shortly after we entered administration.

There are many question marks over Duff & Phelps' handling of the whole process. I'm still convinced that they were just another one of the pigs feeding from the trough.

I'm convinced they were grossly incompetent. Why were we in administration for so long when it was obvious from the start HMRC had no intention of doing a CVA over Whyte's non -payment of PAYE&NI. Maybe this is one of many areas into which the a Insolvency service will focus their investigations

There certainly are, but with regards to what I was saying, it's also worth pointing out that the administrators appeared to ditch/bin the fundamental principals of their job which was to try to rescue the 'company' as a going concern. That's the primary task of an administrator, but the ones Whyte somehow managed to get appointed simply didn't do their job properly for some unknown reason. Nobody wanted to see Club staff losing their jobs without the redundancy packages they would otherwise have been due, but the bottom line is that's exactly what should have happened shortly after we entered administration.

Exactly why I think they were working to a pre-prepared script.

If we end up back in admin it's as much duff and Phelps doing as greenco.

And if we do, so soon after a season where we are more than 25 points ahead, the timing would be insane.

I'm convinced they were grossly incompetent. Why were we in administration for so long when it was obvious from the start HMRC had no intention of doing a CVA over Whyte's non -payment of PAYE&NI. Maybe this is one of many areas into which the a Insolvency service will focus their investigations

Did the Insolvency Service not already clear them of any wrongdoing?