Wednesday, 04 June 2014 18:45

Miller Completes Rangers Hat-trick

Written by Rangers Football Club

45b59bd4d1ededc7bfb058712ebe60b2_XL.jpg

RANGERS Football Club has today confirmed the signing of Kenny Miller on a one-year deal, with the option for a further year.

The 34-year-old striker is now in his third spell with the Light Blues having joined initially from Hibs for the 2000-01 campaign and returning for a hugely successful period between 2008 and 2011.

Miller won three top-flight league titles, the Scottish Cup and the League Cup during Walter Smith’s reign before leaving for Bursaspor in January 2011.

Following spells at Cardiff and Vancouver Whitecaps in America he has returned to Rangers, where he scored 67 goals in 147 appearances.

Miller commented: “I am thrilled to return to Rangers for a third time. I have enjoyed so much success at this great football club and I am determined to repeat it again next season and beyond.

“Rangers is a special football club and we are on the rise again and I want to play my part as we look to get back to the top of Scottish football. I had a number of offers once I left Vancouver but I had my heart set on returning to Ibrox and I can’t wait to get started again.”

Rangers Manager Ally McCoist: “We are delighted to welcome Kenny back to Ibrox. He was a terrific player for us in the past, especially his second spell at Rangers, and we have won many trophies together.

“Kenny brings experience and pace to our forward line and will be a great influence on our younger players at Murray Park. He is a top class footballer and we look forward to seeing him in a Rangers jersey once again as we look to secure promotion to the top flight next season.”

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/item/7005-miller-completes-rangers-hat-trick

I must we one of the few who thinks this is a really good signing.

A player who has a good few years left in him.

If Giggs and Phillips can play into their 40s in the EPL, I see no reason why a fit and experienced 34 year old Miller cant do well in the second tier of Scottish football.

I must we one of the few who thinks this is a really good signing.

A player who has a good few years left in him.

If Giggs and Phillips can play into their 40s in the EPL, I see no reason why a fit and experienced 34 year old Miller cant do well in the second tier of Scottish football.

Agreed. I also don't think we've got the same level of player in the youths and certainly don't have the cash to buy decent. An effective short term fix.